Hi :) I am the weakest trader you could find

Hey there everyone, my name is Marvin Marshall. I am from South Africa Cape Town and I am probably the weakest trader ever - I have been trading a demo account for a couple of months and Ive been really good at it trading - well trading my money for air ofcourse. My favourite colour has become red due to all the red digits I would see when I put in a trade. I watch youtube videos in hopes that I would find something magical that will change my trading, I search google for stratergies and still I fail. I trade from a mobile smartphone which I think is the first problem. I am lazy, I try learning but I stop as soon as I begin to understand and think that I am an ‘Expert Trader’. When I try and pick up females I tell them that I am a “Full-time forex Trader”. lol I actually work as a call centre agent, but the lie works most days, even more so on women that are in relationships - I just throw around some not easy to understand forex lingo - act like I know what I am talking about and Bobs your unlce - lol I think that Newbies like myself all look at the wrong side to Forex. We see major profits, young kids like Jay Pela buying amazing luxury items and talking like a guru,Tim Sykes in his mansion with beautiful Girls, we see trader Vlogs and how new cars are bought, how houses are bought, lives are changed, BMW’s, C-Class Mercedes and all that other good stuff. This is where my problem stems from - I am new and I havent grasped that It takes alot more to gain all the things you see when its meant to be displayed as something easy to attain. All I want this year is to become a good trader. I am generally very broke and I have plans to get married to my beautiful girlfriend in 2 years from now. All i really want is to be better at this and do this as a profession. Im really tired of nagging boss and negative co-workers. I have a a question - Is my dream unrealistic? I mean, i trade impulsivly but I want to try, so how? I guess I am only asking for help and guidance. Oh well - have a great day guys and as the top traders would say (i imagine this is what they would say) Happy Trading! :slight_smile:

Yes indeed … [I]certainly[/I] you’re looking at all the wrong things, if that’s what you’re seeing.

(I tend not to like German cars all that much, myself, anyway, but that’s another matter.)

We don’t know nearly enough about you to be able to offer anything approaching an “informed opinion” on that, do we? Anything we do offer is going to be a pure guess, really? Let’s look at some facts: the proportion of people who want to become a professional trader and earn their full-time living that way, who actually manage it, is absolutely tiny - whoever’s figures you believe. So you’re asking us to tell you whether or not we think it’s realistic for you to be among them. Sorry, but my answer is just “I don’t know”. :8:

(Honestly, I’d advise you to look pretty askance at any opinion from anyone who pretends to know, really.)

It took me a whole lot longer than a year. But maybe you’re well on the way there already, and just need “the last year” of the process, to get there?

That’s strongly against you, in my view. [Here’s how I learned, myself](I watch youtube videos in hopes that I would find something magical that will change my trading), if that helps you to see why I think that’s such a misguided approach.

I hope you won’t mind my mentioning that the juxtaposition of the two facts above surprised me. I hope your beautiful girlfriend doesn’t see your post (or maybe I should hope that she does?!). :o

Thank you for the feedback

My favorite color has become red due to all the red digits I would see when I put in a trade. I watch youtube videos in hopes that I would find something magical that will change my trading, I search google for strategies and still I fail.

A successful trader has the following three quality.

1. Money management.
  2. Strategy.
  3. control over greed (Psychology).

Remember you cannot find the holy grail(successful strategy).
And stop trading from SmartPhone.

I am lazy, I try learning but I stop as soon as I begin to understand and think that I am an ‘Expert Trader’

Three are 3 categories of peoples.

Category 1 Who have no dreams and Goal.
Let’s not waste time discussing this category.

Category-2 Have a dream but no Goal.
Peoples in this category have lots of dreams but they don’t want to take necessary steps to achieve their dreams. They want everything on their way, few of them get lucky and most of them remain miserably.

Category-3. Have dreams and goals.
It takes real guts to reach this level.

Know in which category you are standing and gear-up to go.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy!

Hey Marvin, I tried the same route as you. You tube videos, vlogs, and google searches for tips and tricks. All I can say you came to the right place the babypips.com site is the place to learn. There is a great school with great knowledge and so easy to follow (I am still going through it) and it is all free. The forums are really helpful and has loads of real experiences.
I have made it my mission (after many other attempts at other approaches) to finish the training at the babypips school first the start with a demo account once I have practiced what I learned here I will and only then venture using a real account. My Goal is to be doing this within the next 6 months. You will get there just be patient and study up, I thought I knew A lot until I started at the babypips school. Good luck and keep us updated how you are progressing.