When I'll be young I will be a trader!

Hello everyone! :slight_smile:

My name is Nicolas and I’m from Italy.
I’m only 20 years old and I discovered the Forex just few years ago, so I almost don’t have experience at all!
I wanted to go to the University to study financial market, but I discovered that at school I won’t learn anything about trading…
Every friend of mine think it’s almost impossible what I want to do because they don’t know anything at all about trading (better for me, less psychological stress due to unwanted competitions :23:), but I really believe in what I want to do with my life!
[B]Then luckily I found babypips![/B]
I’m studying everything by myself from books, videos and this amazing website, and I really hope to be able to learn enough so that I can become a trader! (Maybe also dealing with other people capital, who knows?)
Luckily I’ve always loved English (I have B2 level certifications in both general and commercial English, First and BEC of the Cambridge University), so I have the opportunity to search for information in English and this is a HUUUGE help!
At the moment, I’m studying International Economic Relationships (basically Economics and 3 foreing languages), I’m studying here trying to gain as much as knowledge as I can and during nights I’m a pizza delivery guy to pay my few things without asking money to my parents.
I’m really happy to have discovered this website, I feel this can be the beginning of my trader career!
If someone is in a trading group I will be very thankful if I could join it just to learn something else! :59:
I’m so sorry if I bored you, I think I wrote too much :rolleyes:

Good trading to everyone!

mrbene96

You didn’t, at all: I wish more new members would write a nice little introduction like yours. :cool:

So, nice to “meet” you, and good luck and good wishes.

I suspect you’re probably right that you’d learn very little about trading from a finance degree, and it probably wouldn’t be too relevant to your own future trading prospects (apart from perhaps that a degree can help anyone to get a job, which can provide some stability while you’re becoming a trader?).

Or maybe they know that the proportion of people who [I]want[/I] to become full-time traders and actually [I]manage[/I] to do it is very, very small? (They’d be right about that, after all!). Anyway, they’ll change their minds when you get to a point that you’re earning more than they are. I’m older than you, and started learning trading when I was much younger than you, but I “got there” eventually, so I know it can be done. :wink: )

Enjoy the site, and don’t hesitate to ask questions after you’ve worked through the school pages.

Meanwhile, welcome to the forum. :cool:

if you have the chances and the necesarry young age to study financial markets at a univercity then do it. do not waist your time with online nonesense. you will waist a lot of nerves and efforts and the outcome is more than questionable.

so my hint to you; if you are in the position and really want to focus your life on financial markets then a university is the right place to go for you. [B]NOT BABYPIPS and ONLINE COURSES[/B]

this here is the right place for you to go:

a world wide accepted and respected education in financial markets. you can do it next to your every day unvercity and earn a degree as chartered financial analyst. this combined with your degree in econmics and 3 languages you are studying will guarantee you highly paid jobs in any italian bank. and not only italy but world wide since the CFA institute has a large alumni network and those alumni fish for new people out of the CFA institute pool constantly. and with your language skills in 3 languages and basic economic degree and a finished CFA degree you will be a eyecatcher for that alumni community which works worldwode for funds banks and institutions.

and trust me, everybody on this webpage can only dream about that and the opportunity you have with your young age.

so my hint: dont waist your time here looking for a few one eyed trying to lead the blinde crowd.

Thanks everyone for your answers!
I know that a digree can be a useful instrument for finding a job, but since that for my life’s plan I really want to work on my own, I think that going to the Uni for 5 years will only be a waste of time (considering that I’ve already lost 2 years at school)… :59:
Secondly, here in Italy school system isn’t the same as apparently it is all over the world: we don’t choose what we want to study (e.g. if you are interested in Economics, at the course you will find law and languages), so if you’re not so good at some subject you risk to finish up hating school and everything you have done before…
I discovered that I’m not a fan of studying stuff I don’t like, when if I really like something I completely dedicated all my days to it, so for my way of being and after few months of reflection, I think that going to the Uni will be a wrong choice!
I really enjoyed to have received some advice from some unknown people, it is not that usual here, thanks you a lot! :35: :slight_smile:

If you cannot find a proper university in your country in which you could study what you want, then don’t waste your time. Focus on other options like online schools, video channels and forums as there could be a lot valuable information there. Open several Demo accounts and test what you have learned so far. That way you could develop your skills and practice your knowledge. It is great that you’re studying foreign languages, this could be more helpful finding a well-paid job while you are learning Forex and become independent. Good luck :slight_smile: