FXCM vs TOS

Hi Everyone

Im relatively new to Forex but have experience trading stocks and stock options. Cuurently trying out demos on FXCM Trading Station and MT4 along with Thinkorswim. Both platforms have cool features, but TOS charts are not as "clean " as the Trading Station charts as I find myself wrestling with the platform to get the charts where I want them.

There are also are some unfavorable reviews of FXCM along with a regulatory action(2012?) which I beleive had to do with “slippage”.

I’ll probably choose a broker in the next month or so, but before I do any feedback would,be helpful. Regarding trading style, I usually lok at 1 HR, 4 Hr and Daily charts and trades last anywhere from a few hours to a few days.

Thanks in Advance!

Welcome to the forum, Johnny :slight_smile:

As FXCM’s representative here on BabyPips, I’m happy to answer any questions you have about us, and I’m glad you’re a fan of our Trading Station platform! In regards to the regulatory action you mentioned, I addressed this topic in an earlier thread.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me.

Hi Jason

Thanks for your reply. the FXCM team has always been helpful, and I think you have some really cool stuff on your charts , like the SSI and the GSI index. Speaking of the SSI, I received error messages which I forwarded to your tech support, buy have not heard back yet. Since I removed SSI from my layouts I don’t get error messages.

I realize you get the question all the time, but other than usisng demo accounts and back testing, just how does someone learn to trade effectively these days?I’ve read a ton of books, and am loath to spend 2-5K to “join” some sketchy day trading room.

Appreciate your feedback!

2-5K is a significant investment so you’d want to be confident of what you’re getting for that. That’s not to say nothing is worth that amount. I know some traders who spend similar amounts every month just on resources (custom platforms, premium research, dedicated networks, etc.)

You mentioned you’ve read a ton of books already, so what do you feel is still holding you back? I assume you’ve already learned about how to interpret economic data, read charts and manage risk. Perhaps you can tell me a bit about your current approach to placing trades.

I use our SSI indicators all the time. What error message were you getting?