Am I a small minority?

Hi all, I am specifically interested in trading systems, eas, scalping and so on, how popular are these trading styles and how difficult is it to access information and such systems?

Thanks

Hi,

I am also new here but i think that this forum is the right place to find the information that you are looking for… so have you browsed it so far!

Hi, and welcome to babypips.
Info on trading systems amd ea’s is fairly easy, however its not always useful or unbiased.
I suggest you study at the free school on here, its better than most paid for schools you will find.
Later in the syllabus you will find how to select a trading style and system that suits you, as an individual. Its important to realise that what suits one person does not suit another as we all have different life circumstances, abilities, goals, and responsibilities to take into account.
Brokers will always push you towards scalping. Im not knocking it, but its the easiest way for a broker to get a substantial percentage of your account off you on spread/fees, so just be aware of that.

No - you’re starting off as we all did, knowing almost nothing. :wink:

It’s reasonably easy, but not [I][U]nearly[/U][/I] as easy as accessing “misinformation” because there’s far more of that about than “information”, because [B]especially on the subjects of EA’s and scalping[/B], people have various incentives to promote many different things designed to part aspiring traders from their money.

The [B]really difficult[/B] thing, unfortunately, which takes a lot of experience and judgment to resolve, is distinguishing between “information” and “misinformation”. You won’t be able to do that, at the start, just as I wasn’t, and just as nobody else here was.

For a large variety of different reasons, EA’s and scalping are both [U]very, very[/U] high indeed on the list of things for aspiring traders to stay [B][U]well[/U][/B] away from.

I would start with the School pages, here: [B]School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading[/B]

For [B]after[/B] that, I often offer new members these three links to threads (which don’t seem to cause too many complaints) …

This was how I learned.

These were my most reliable and helpful information-sources.

And these are the five classic mistakes which all successful traders [I]must[/I] eventually learn to avoid, in my opinion.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!