Disillusioned newbie

Hi, I’m an English Septuagenarian with a passion for golf and a lot of time on my hands ( At my age I can’t spend ALL day playing golf!) About 6 years ago I decided to have a go at trading. Went for the fast track method and spent $6000 dollars on a one to one course which included several fool proof systems and a lot of hype. Immediately after the course I deposited $2000 with a broker and lost the lot within two weeks. I spent the next six years licking my wounds, blaming everyone except myself and recovering my losses doing other things. With so much time on my hands now I started to work out what went wrong before and now accept that I had broken almost every rule in the book. Now I’m ready to try again with a much more sensible approach. Learn, part with no money, trade demo and, if I am still alive in 10 years, trade live.

Sounds a far better plan than the original one … :cool:

Welcome to the forum, and good luck!

Hi and welcome.
As you’re not chasing any non-existent get rich quick scheme, can I suggest a couple of reliable threads on here worth looking at ?

Firstly, the 3 ducks system. A steady, reliable, simple to use system. It doesn’t suit the impatient as sometimes you have to wait a while for a suitable trade to develop.
Second, Maryo Charts- Maryo posts his recommended trades with suggested stop losses and profit points. The only drawback is English isn’t his first language so he rarely enters into details, however if you read all of his thread you should be able to pick up what hes doing.

Best wishes

First thing you should do is read the everything in the babypips school. Really useful information there. You could also use a demo account rather than a real account when you start trading. Much safer!

hi :slight_smile: i’m new too

Definitely check the Babypips school. I don’t know what they “taught” on this course but if you lost all your deposit that fast, for sure was not the right knowledge. Remember that with trading there is no fast track method. Of course if you have more free time, you could learn a bit faster but have in mind that it will require patience and efforts. You are in the right place in this forum, the people and the threads here are very helpful. Good luck! :slight_smile: