NEWBIE : martha from PH

I am Martha, from manila. I have my small stock portfolio aside from my 8-5 job in the bank. Technically, I consider myself new in tradin, I started running through the School of Pipsology and was surprise how detailed it was.
I find the forums very informative and interactive. I am hoping that this site is not block in our office ^ ^

Keep it up guys! Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi Martha!
Nice to see a kabayan here especially from Manila. I was from Manila too but that was years ago… Good to know that you went through Pipsology school. Since you mentioned that you are a newbie, I will suggest that you don’t clutter your charts with too much indicators because most newbies tend to make their charts look like a x-mas tree that often can end up overwhelming them. Try to study Price Action too.

Wishing you good trades!

Hey Martha and Ronnel,
Nice and glad to see a kabayan here :slight_smile: I’m not from Manila but went there sometimes! Welcome to the forum Martha! I agree with Ronnel its nice to start with a clean charts. I’m using price action too with Stochastic oscillator to see if the market its going to reverse! By the way,Ronnel are you running a live account now?

Stochastic oscillators can tell you some things, certainly (if you carefully select settings appropriate to the time-frame and [I]especially[/I] to the volatility) but unfortunately “when the market is going to reverse” really isn’t one of them … with apologies for a negative-sounding observation. :8:

And welcome to the forum’s increasing filipino/filipina population! :cool:

Its okay lexys nothing wrong on that, I’m happy that you says it so I can correct my mistake sometimes.
But really for me the Stochastic Oscillator it helps me to see when the market is going to reverse but yeah sometimes its stay up/down.

Yes; this was what I meant … “overbought” and “oversold” are funny concepts, really: according to stochastic indicators ([U]especially[/U] if you use the widely-recommended/conventional kinds of settings) they can be “overbought” with price still continuing to rise for a very long time! It’s just like the speed and acceleration of a car: the [I]rate of acceleration[/I] can gradually fall for a long time while the [I]speed[/I] itself continues to rise. This is a problem with some other oscillators, also (perhaps less so, overall, with the MACD indicator, again depending on the settings.)

Hi RDix20,
Yes I run live accounts :slight_smile:
Happy to see you here.

Welcome Martha!

Wish you alot of happy Pips etc.

99% of my fail trades came from fancy Indicatory…especially the Stochastic, rising to the sky for about 6 more candles driving my directly into the SL before reverse :35: . Now they are dead…at last on my charts.

What broker you are using? I’m close to start in a small live accounts now to experience, how to handle my emotion and trying to find out whats the difference between demo and real account!

I use Japanese brokers for myself. Sorry I can’t say other platform/s that I’m managing because it might be a conflict of interest between BP??? or may sound like an advertisement… Demo is for training and testing your strategies without fear of losing real money. Live is when you start losing or winning real money. On demo you can go YOLO with your bets. Live trading will test your skills and your emotion.

I will suggest that you demo the same amount as your budget for your capital. Example, if you will be investing say $500 for your live account, then demo with $500. Remember that having a small capital is tight. A few mistake and your demo capital is gone, same with live. There are lots of noobs who have a small capital but demo trades millions and once they’ve seen some wins, they often believe that it will be the same for their $100. It’s totally different because a few losing trades can force you out of the game in a snap. No point demoing $5,500,000. demo money if you only have $500. Just keep it real and demo as much as you can. When you see that all’s doing well then go live. Doing demo with give you an idea on what type of trader you are. It will also help you learn if you are a scalper, day trader, swing, or position trader.

Good luck!

Ohh okay! Thanks for a good words. I’m living now in US. In my demo platform cant make lower account the lowest one is $10,000. Tried to change amount in the option like 3000 but once the account made its still $10,000.Tried searching in the forum about brokers.Yeah you are right demo account is really good training before go live account.