Demo Account For Newbie Where To Start?

Hi I’ve been a member on here for a few months and this is my first post. I’m from England. Hi everyone hope you’re all well.

I am a complete novice and have been working my way thorough the school of pips which is very good. Over the last 12 months I have read a few books and have focused on learning about the phycology in trading first of all.
I have completed the school of pips and I have never been on a trading platform at all demo or live.
I need to get hands on now and I’m struggling with where to start.

Is it true that demo accounts have time limits on them before they expire or you have to go live?
Are there any that are not restricted to length of time on demo?

Is there a trading “game” I can play just to get used to the tools and functions?
At this stage I don’t feel I have to trade in real time. Anything that moves along in time frames from old date will be fine just whilst I get used to things.

Ive been searching for some software to play forex game on old date or an unlimited live demo but I’m struggling to know what best fits my needs.

Any help greatly received.

No - that’s generally [U]not[/U] true of [I]spot forex[/I] accounts (it’s true only of price-feeds for instruments which it costs the broker something to provide, such as futures, for example - those are invariably time-limited).

Yes - most of them.

(I’ve had the same demo account at Oanda for over a decade, and it’s still working now.)

I strongly advise you to do your demo practice in the same place where you’re subsequently going to start with a funded account, so that when you start using real money, you’re [U]already used to[/U] all the details of the broker’s interface, policies and practices, terms and conditions, technicalities, support-desk, and so on, and don’t have to re-acclimatise to all those things at the same time as experiencing the psychological pressures of trading with real money for the first time. Quite important, this.

And welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am practicing on Marketsworld.com

Thank you lexys very good advice about doing my demo practice where I intend to trade with a funded one.

I will do this, however with having never been on any at all, I have to start somewhere for the 1st time.
I will check out Oanda.

I’m a long way off a funded account so I will certainly practice on a demo first of the intended funded account I choose. For now I just need some practical hands on experience of a good all rounder to use and get used to all the tools etc… and basically have a play.