Hi, i'm Pipeater

Hey guys,

i started getting into trading about 5 months ago, trying to learn everything there is too learn.
Mainly following free webinars, listening to podcasts and reading books and documentaries.

And of course demo trading, after about 2 or 3 months of demo trading, i finally started a small live account of 200 euro’s. my first trade i made 25 euro’s. How proud i was.
Only to be minus 30 at the end of the week. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like it’s said so much on this forum, demo is a lot different than live.

I recently have become more interested in robotic trading, does any one have any experience with this or can tell me if it’s a good/bad idea?

Pipeater

I think within your post is the clue. To make €25 on a €200 account in a single trade is a little optimistic, and certainly not maintainable in the long run, let alone the medium run. That’s a 12.5% return. Most traders I know, which is limited, will aim to make that percentage return over three months.

Yeah i understand that, i did leave out that my first trade was a miss click on the quantity of my trade :stuck_out_tongue:
instead of trying to trade 0.1 i traded 0.2 and when i saw the trend continuing on in my favor i just rode it.

The stuff you learn when live trading is much more effective compared to demo.

0.1 is a bit large for that size account, 0.01 is more appropriate

It’s the minimum that my broker offers :S

Then [U]find another broker[/U], Pipeater: trading positions that size with an account that size would be [I][U]crazy[/U][/I]. :o

Agreed, i am currently demo trading on a different broker.

Switching from an A-book to an B-book.
Any thoughts on this?

good thing about my B-book broker was that they don’t charge transaction fee, The A-book broker does (small amount though)