Studied finance - is this of any help for me?

Hello everyone,

I am Andy from Germany. I studied business with focus on finance, so on financial markets. Is this of any help or is it irrelevant?

Is it simple to earn money with trading or will you only succeed if you are rich or super talented?

I guess, you have to find your niche and make it there. I hope it is possible.

Regards,
Andy

Others may disagree, with perhaps drawing more attention to being very talented; however you have answered your own question with the above quote.

Edit: Few and far between retail traders start small and make success to the point of relying on FX speculation [spot, futures, forwards, spread betting…] forming their primary income - however it can and has been done.

Hi Andy … I think probably there are some ways of choosing to make it relevant, to a small extent, according to the type of trading you want to do, but I think the “business with finance” part isn’t in itself [I]very[/I] relevant (though the maths and statistics components certainly won’t do any harm); the “degree” part of it, on the other hand, is [B]definitely[/B] relevant, in my opinion: people who have been through university (or an equivalent) are much better, overall, than others at studying, learning, reading books, understanding the difference between information and misinformation, learning how to distinguish between them, assessing evidence, and testing hypotheses, and typically they have a bit more discipline at practicing things … and those are [B][U]all[/U][/B] certainly [I][U]highly[/U][/I] relevant skills for learning to trade (just as they would be for learning many other “new things”, too). :cool:

Relatively simple [I]once you’ve learnt how to[/I] - it’s the learning how to, successfully, that tends to be more difficult and very time-consuming. :wink:

Being rich perhaps gives some advantage in speed, in the [I]later[/I] stages. It perhaps avoids undercapitalisation, but undercapitalisation is only [U]one[/U] of the five common mistakes people make, and not the most important one.

“Talent” is harder to comment on. People use this word in different ways and mean different things by it. Relatively advanced numeracy [U]definitely[/U] helps (if that’s a “talent”).

But for the most part, people can learn, you know? Nobody was born knowing how to do this stuff. :wink:

Good luck - and welcome to the forum!

Hi, Yes it will. You will have knowledge on how to invest your money wisely and save it and you won’t need to pay a financial advisor to do the same.

Hello, Andy! You shouldn’t be talented to earn money just skilled)