Allow myself to instroduce myself

Hey all, brand-spanking new to Forex. And trading. And markets. And anything having to do with the “money” tab on any news site. I currently work 40 hours a week in a call center, which is slowly but surely killing me.

After doing the same thing for over a decade, nothing was changing. My father recently retired and tried his hand at the stock exchange, which led him to Forex. He suggested I look into it. My scam-alert went off the chart. You mean you can make money by exchanging it? That sounds like the grifter down by 7/11. But the more I look into it, the more excited I get. Not because of the “get rich quick” sound of it. It is easy to get dollar signs in your eyes. But because it is a real thing, that just requires a lot of work like anything else.

Being a single income family of 5, it is time for a change. Do I expect to get rich quick? Uh, no. My goal is to make $100/month after 6 months, including a minimum of 2 months of solid demo practice. $100 is gas money. And from everything I see, if you have the dedication and the patience, it will pay off.

So, from the middle-of-nowhere in Illinois, hi! Thanks for being an awesome community to start with, and I hope to one day be able to provide advice of my own to other newbies.

Welcome to the forum. :cool:

You have realistic expectations and understanding, I’m sure, compared with many people who “take up forex”.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :slight_smile:

Hi, mzipprich and welcome to the forum. Like Lexys said, your expectations are quite realistic which is a good thing. Be patient and persistent and you will see that the hard work will pay off. Never stop learning and if you really like Forex, then don’t give up. You can really make some profits out of it but of course it’s not that easy. In this community you can find all kinds of answers to any questions that arise. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t expect it to be an easy journey, but what worthwhile venture is easy? If nothing else it will be a new skillset, even if I don’t become an overnight pip wizard.

Exactly so … forex trading seems to be one of those activities where people “suddenly” become an “overnight success” [I][U]after[/U][/I] putting in a few years of work and practice. :wink:

Sweet… welcome to the family. Let’s learn together