Forex Beginner -- Alex -- For Income

Hello everybody my name is Alex, I am 27 and from NJ… Attended University of Tampa for 2 years but never attained degree due to unfortunate life circumstances. I am new to Forex and see it as a great opportunity to build some much needed income… If I can find a consistently profitable strategy, I would love to become a full time trader eventually. I know the potential is there as Forex is the largest and most liquid of all the markets and I am going to dedicate myself to learning everything I can. Right now I am a member of FitBusinessMan’s “FxPrime” Algorithm Signal/Strategy Service and have a practice account with FXCM… I am looking to eventually open a live account with around $3000 - $4000… Can anyone tell me if I would be able to move standard lots with that amount of capital to start out with? Not looking to become a guru or anything, I just want to find a simple strategy that works and in which I would be able to live off of. Any advice for this newbie would be greatly appreciated… Thank you!!

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum. In my opinion, to use standard lots( 100k) with 3-4000$ would be pretty risky as the leverage you would be using in this case would be 1:25-1:33. Of course, the profits with this kind of lots can be bigger, but also the potential losses. So I wish you all the best in trading and stay green!