Newbie Introduction

Hi There,

I’m Jeco, don’t ask why “Jeco”, it just popped up, short and sweet and not been used before.

Thank you for the opportunity to join you all, I see it as a privilege to have stumbled upon such a great website and be part of the trading community!

I’m from Port Elizabeth, South Africa. I’m an Electrical Engineer and married with three children. I have tried Forex Trading (or may I confess “Forex gambling”) in 2005 with a small account of $400, increased it to $600 in 4 weeks, and from there everything went south with a wiped account. I realized that there is much more to Forex Trading than I thought, and decided to stick with my 9 to 5 job till now.

I have a friend in Adelaide Australia that invited me on Facebook and found that he’s a full-time forex trader. That was the kick in the behind to quit my mediocre life and try something new, exciting and hopefully successful. I have made up my mind, so here I am, all dressed up and hopefully somewhere to go. I’ve surfed the internet for the right website that could help me in my quest to become a trader and found it to be overwhelming and hopelessly confusing. I had to start my “trading training” with the basic’s first and work it up to a level where I could start with demo trading and eventually life trading. I found Babypips and looked at your online school. It definitely looks like the right place to start.

As I start my Journey, I’ll probably will have a million questions but please bear with me.

I thank you.

Jeco

1 Like

Your most welcome Jaco. Welcome on board. It good to hv fighting spirit, but take it slowly. Forex is a long term business. U can ask any question anytime in here. There alot of mentor will b able to help. I ask many question too. Haha. let’s learn together

1 Like

Thanks Alanlim3,

I’m working through the lessons and Quizies. No pressure at this stage but there is no returning back for me. I’m going to take it slow, getting myself through this Babypips school and take it from there. The more I learn, the more I realize how “Easy” it is but at the same time how “Involved” this is. I suppose the simplicity comes from how these lessons are put together. Easy to follow but thorough.

Tnx, we’ll chat again.

Nice Bike. We will be on this tour together.
PB43

1 Like