Beginner looking for more information to trade profitably

Please advise me if this is a good idea, I have never done this before and i find the platforms intimidating

Hard to say, knowing nothing about you, Andrew. All one can really say is that it is for some people.

We all started off in more or less this position.

Regarding “platforms” generally, I’d recommend starting on a simple one. FxTrade is good, and among the easiest to learn to use, and probably one of the “least intimidating”, but can still do a lot. (Oanda offers it.) But you’re probably a long way from needing a platform, at the moment? (The only thing worth mentioning, perhaps, at such an early stage, is that when the time comes, I’d advise you to avoid the one called MetaTrader, which has certainly got many people off to a bad start. When you’re ready, you can read more about it here, if you want to: [B]301 Moved Permanently).

Apart from that, I would start with the School pages, here: [B]School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading[/B]

For [B]after[/B] that, I often offer new members these three links to threads (which don’t seem to cause too many complaints) …

This was how I learned.

These were my most reliable and helpful information-sources.

And these are the five classic mistakes which all successful traders [I]must[/I] eventually learn to avoid, in my opinion.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!