Just like the prodigal son, I've returned

Hello All,

It’s been awhile since I came to the website. My old screen name doesn’t even work anymore. I guess I just wanted to say hi and actually engage in forums this time around. I originally found BabyPips 5 years ago and immediately went thru the entire “school”. It was the best resource for newbies I could have found, and I’ve not seen another like it.

My advice would be to a new trader, though, is get your knowledge of how the game works and then get the hell away from anyone who might influence your decisions, including websites, news channels, and so called mentors/gurus, at least until you get yourself established, and then, come back and share your knowledge amongst your peers.

I’m a strictly technical trader, but you can’t ignore ongoing fundamentals. The news is simply to stay informed, not to sway you on your trading decisions. Also, let me be clear. They are all telling you the truth. You are not fighting the market. You are fighting a psychological battle against yourself. I fell for every single pitfall along the way, but I never “blew up” my account like the majority of people do, which meant I got to experience all of them along the way.

Don’t look at the money as money. Just look at it for what it is, data. Upticks and downticks, nothing more. The market isn’t out to get you, although, sometimes you will swear on your life it knows your every move. And remember, there’s always another wave to catch. The difference between those who succeed at this and those just playing around is not unlike the difference between being a professional surfer and being an amateur bodyboarder. If you want to catch the big waves, you have to keep your eyes on the horizon for the next big swell, not just desperately trying to catch every wave, or trying to paddle your way into catching a wave that’s already broke.

Just remember what it is you’re dealing with: an entirely made up thing that has no inherent value other than the one put on it by mass consensus. The market tells you where that consensus is and has been historically, you just need to decipher where you think that consensus will take it next.

Good Day Everyone, and Good Trading!

Haha, well, your new name is rather intriguing. I’m sure only a few here will get the joke in its true context :wink: