Country type Newbie from Kent

Hi all

I have been trading just under 6 months but still on my demo account and I live in beautiful rural Kent, just outside Tunbridge Wells.

I am a professional and have run 2 business for the last 8 years but really would like to become a full time trader eventually. I would hope in the next 5-7 years.

This is much harder than anything I have done (undergrad degree, postgrad degree and Masters) but once I get it, and I am certain (and have been told by many people) it all comes together with practice, practice and more practice. I hope this will provide a better work life balance and a reliable source of income without the need to deal with difficult clients and situations everyday as I currently do. As I said, I have a 5-7 year horizon to try and achieve this. I am not quitting the day job yet!!

I would be really keen to meet up or chat with similar others in Kent, East Sus*** or South London particularly those who have invested time and money through structured and supported learning programs, as I have. Babypips is an amazing site but without the courses, coaching and spoon fed strategies I have had to get me started (and I’m still in red) I would be much further behind than I currently am. I’m keen to meet a few active traders to buddy up with and swop ideas and analysis with.

One of the most interesting things about this business is the psychology angle which initially I dismissed, to my huge mistake. This is all psychology and whether one can consistently follow a set of rules without mucking about. I seem to amaze myself with my inability to do this time and again. Lots of work to do here…

If this strikes a chord with anyone in a similar position to me, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Alex

Greetings from Russia mate,

I`ve also started not so long ago and drastically looking for information to comprehend. It would be super nice if you can point out other sources ,than babypips.

Wish you all the best and good luck in this endeavor.

I’m in Sittingbourne, I’m pretty new to trading. Had and lost two tradenet accounts, decided that day trading stocks isnt for me, I want to concentrate on forex, been doing ok on a mix of demo and live accounts, now gana focus on demo until I’m consistently profitable before going live again.
I don’t have much to offer as far as advice or experience but I would be up for meeting with other traders. I don’t know any others personally, I think it would help with the journey. Let’s get something started??

Hi Sektor - babypips best start but youtube full of good help also. I would also see what training you can get locally in a classroom setting.
Best of luck with it.

Hi samaustin22 - have sent you a PM.

Hi Alex,

Are you still trading and looking for trading buddy? I live in North Londond and am looking to connect with another trader or 2. Let me know.

Chris

Hi Chris
Yes certainly still trading, although only getting back into it after 2 weeks off over summer.
I’m always keen to connect with others so would be good to understand how you are getting on and share knowledge.
How best to connect?
Cheers
Alex

Hey Alex,

great to hear - currently still in demo stage - I have been trading sporadically for about 3 years but up until recently had focused on stock investing. Now want to trun my attention more towards currencies.

I am testing a system that focuses on pullback trading - I use MA 5 and 10, MACD and RSI as my 3 indicators - I also use fibonnaci to try and estimate where price will come back to and to give me a good level to get into.

I tend to look towards technical analysis first but then always research fundamentals to understand what might drive price and also overall feeling on both currencies.

Still a long way to go - still coming unstuck at the moment in terms of timing and making bad calls on trends that, whilst there, are not the major trend.

How about yourself?

I am happy to connect on here or through other media (facebook, msn (even though seriously old school))

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris
I have been trading since last September and invested quite a bit in my education. It is going OK, but I still don’t think my approach is quite right which I am trying to hone.
I don’t have FB or MSN and don’t think we can message each other on here privately unless you have certain number of posts. Best to email me on asrst at hot mail . com and we can chat more.
Cheers
Alex

Hey Alex,

I’m a newbie here. Been demo trading since April. Trying to work out what strategy works best for me.
I also live in Tunbridge Wells. Not much advice I can offer but nice to meet up and hear about your experience.

Spipfire, from England, very creative hehehehe. Welcome, 5-7 years good horizon, and be careful of the youtube stuff, it ain’t all that it is cracked up to be. You will need to build your own system, for your own personality, meaning risk tolerance, account size etc. So ask away, and we will see if we can help.

The Ever Interested VIPER

Behavioural economics and Evolutionary psychology Are the places to go …

Hi mnmfx
Thanks for response and sorry for late reply!
Always keen to meet up with traders and always like to hear about peoples journey into this fascinating pastime.
If you want to meet to chat through let me know when suits.
Weekday daytimes best and somewhere in TW would work as I am just outside.
Cheers
Alex

Thanks Falstaff. Doing lots of reading on this.

Hi Viper
Great picture which has prompted me to put a profile picture up.
Many thanks for your words of encouragement. There is no holy grail I have found (other than an encyclopedic knowledge of Price Action possibly) and I am slowly finding my way. Had my first green month in October so my hard work is paying off but lots lots more to do. :grin:
Cheers
Spipfire