Hello from Sheffield, UK

Hi everyone.

I would like to share with you, a new strategy that is guarenteed to make you very wealthy.

Basically, all you have to do is watch my trades, then trade in the opposite direction! You will be a millionaire in no time :slight_smile: lol.

Seriously though, I’ve been lurking in the background for a few weeks now and thought it was time I said hello and offered my thanks to the admins and contributors, for all the great work they are doing in helping us along our way.

I first became interested in the concept of trading around 20 years ago now, back in the days before every man and his dog owned a computer and the only freely available litererature on the subject consisted of a small number of reference books found in the library, if anyone alive still remembers what one of those is.

My first brush with trading came in 2000 when I enrolled on a course with a company called FTS, who were pretty well established at the time. The course was primarily aimed at options trading and fundamental analysis, using nothing more than BBC teletext and the pages of The Financial Times… And after discovering the true cost and complexity of the subject, I soon closed the door on that venture, expecting never to cross the threshold again.

Following this first encounter, I didn’t approach the subject of trading again, until I stumbled across binary options a couple of years ago, and it didn’t take me long to realise the ‘true earning potential’ they offered (being sarcastic there, lol).

Until a couple of months ago, I didn’t know what Forex market was, and assumed it was just a fancy name used by the binary brokers to make their product look investment worthy.

My first introduction to the Forex markets came in the form of the two hour seminar hosted by ‘Learn to Trade’, which I came across by chance whilst browsing an online job website. I initially only submitted my interest in the seminar out of curiousity expecting it to be nothing more than a live introduction to binary options, and I very nearly didn’t attend, deciding only within the last approaching hour to go along to hear what they had to say.

Well theres no way on Earth, I’m willing to pay them two and a half grand, but they piqued my interest enough to start the venture alone, hence my voyage eventually leading me here :35:

It’s been a rocky but interesting ride so far, and my confidence is on the up, despite the to be expected downs.

First week on the demo account trading mini lots left me about £60 in profit, followed by a continuing losing streak :rolleyes: … I dumped the demo account in frustration about three weeks ago, choosing to revert back to something I was originally taught in the good old days before internet brokers and flashing numbers… Something called ‘Paper Trading’.

For anyone, who has never tried it, or has had problems getting to grips with the frustrations of losing trades, I can highly recommend it. Theres something about paper trading, that demo accounts alone (and possibly live accounts) seem to lack. Something I cant explain, however I feel I have have more control over the trades and find myself more able to reflect on whats happening during price movements. In the first week paper trading, I made eleven out of twelve successful trades and second week, eight out of twelve successful trades so i’m pretty happy with my progress so far :slight_smile: Earlier tonight, I reverted back to the demo account, copying two trades I had calculated on paper. EUR/GBP has yet to move, however USD/JPY is up 21 pips…

So, Fingers crossed X X

Good luck to you all and happy trading.