Naked Trader in Aberdeen

Hey folks!
I’m new to this forum. However not entirely new to Forex.
I’ve been trading part time for just over a year now.

Like many, I’ve been through the emotional roller coaster ride.

Oh this forex trading stuff is easy. Five wins in a row… I’m a star!

To:
I’ve lost again :frowning:
I am rubbish at this…why do I keep getting stopped out…the market is against me!

I’ve been through my fair share of indicators:

• Bollinger Bands
  • RSI
  • Moving averages
  • Stochastics

As well as:

• various strategies,
  • reading books,
  • Attending free and paid courses …$7000USD :o
  • Listening to podcasts while driving to work
  • Watching youtube videos.

After all of that I’m now back to the basics with pure price action!
At the moment I have taken a back seat from trading live. Backtesting and gaining screen time trading naked (no indicators), with a fair bit of success.

Getting ready to go back in again.
I am looking for like minded people in Aberdeen to form a support group where we can meet up, talk about our experiences, share learnings, do some backtesting (possibly live trades) and generally support each other.

I’ve created an Aberdeen Traders group in babypips. If interested. Let me know.
Cheers.
Brent.

3 Likes

Hi Brent,

I’ve lurked around trading for quite a while but not yet taken the plunge seriously.

I am looking for simple strategies to implement - currently working on an end of day strategy using S/R levels and engulfing candles.

I think I would benefit from discussions with real like-minded people !

Currently working my way through the Desire to Trade podcasts.

Are you in Aberdeen, Scotland (there are a few other ones !) - I’m interested

Cheers

Peter

2 Likes

Only just seeing this. So glad to see like minded individuals on here. I will like to get involved with this and will like to share my experiences as i have being trading for about 2 1/2 years now.

7000 pounds… thats too much for gaining the skills. What if i say I have a better option on learning and getting enough leverage for day trading or swing trading depending on what you see as your best style. I am more than willing to share my experiences.
Pretty hard for an engineer daily but seems to be achievable for anyone.
Smurf trader

Hi Brent,

I am in Aberdeen too… I PMd you many months ago asking what you were doing up here and if you wanted to meet up to discuss trading face-to-face but you never replied :stuck_out_tongue:The offer is still there. Send me a private message and we can arrange to meet over a coffee. I would much rather do this live than posting a load of chart screenshots. What say you?

PS The same offer (to PM me and meet) goes to anyone else in Aberdeen (Scotland).

Hello?

Anyone tbere??

Hi guys. Great to see there is interest in this. Sorry but ive been getting my reply posts deleted by babypips for infringement. Apparently the rules say we must not leave our contact details or try to get forum members to meet outside of this forum.

@Pipstradamus what is the situation here? We just want to meet face to face in our local city: surely this is something that is to be encouraged?

Excellent. Guys, there are four of us now. I am going to try to pm each one of you.

Ok, crap…seems I can’t PM. Need to have 50 post before I get access to PMs! Better get cracking then!

1 Like

theres a hack, hackers use it frequently, its called email

1 Like

wish it was that easy MrDE.
below is part of an email I got from babypips admin citing the reason for deleting my posts:

"The following actions fall under Solicitation:

Giving out or leaving your email address or IM username so other users can contact you.
Asking other users to post their email addresses or IM usernames so you can contact them.
This includes soliciting forum members to join groups or classes on Skype, YM, AIM, trading rooms, or chat rooms, to follow Twitter users, to try out free products and services, signal services, membership sites and the like.

Please consider this as a reminder that posts like this are not allowed. Repeat violations could result in loss of access to the Forums, so please read our Guidelines and get acquainted with the rules.

Feel free to reply to this message or email us at [email protected] should you have any questions.

Thank you,
Jess
BabyPips.com Forum Moderator"

1 Like

An unfortunate necessity here, due to the number of scammers we get.
You would probably find similar rules on other forex forums

1 Like

@BrentJB I have e-mailed you on Facebook…twice … Are you reading your Facebook e-mails?

Anyway, please send me a reply so that we can get this group off the ground.

Cheers

PipMeHappy

@eddieb ABSOLUTELY!!!

@baz1982 You may like to join us?

Ok, cheers. Will check out facebook now.

Brent and I did meet, back in March… and we are texting fairly regularly with trading ideas… If anyone here is still interested in an Aberdeen meet up please PM me or Brent.

I look forward to hearing from you…

Just so we are clear: this is a social group for traders, there is no money involved…Just a sharing opportunity, even just for ranting about a bad day in your trading!!!

Happy trading.

@smurftrader @pwms @baz1982 @BrentJB
anyone here?