Ict

lol, I actually read the last couple posts on the other thread after I’d submitted this one.
Crikey, things move fast on here. It’s virtually a full-time job keeping track of the different threads

I’m not in the least bit surprised.

My issue is that I don’t really like being lied to, and especially when I am attacked when exposing the lie. Kinda like how the physio didn’t appeciate getting flamed by Lance Armstrong for exposing his lies.

Its an interesting issue though - who is responsible when someone falls for con? The victim or the conman? I would say tthe majority of people with social responsibility would say the conman in a kind of ‘fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, kind of way.’

How do you feel about the period where all the newbies to the forum were directed to the ICT teaching thread. For people who lost money, do you not think that those people losing money and time lost it because they were directed to bad teaching and false hopes? And who is responsible for that - the newbies ‘because they should have known better’ or should other people with social responsibility direct the newbies?

Ultimately ICT is no different than Andrew Keane or the other teachers, and I think that more senior members should look out for the new traders, otherwise there is no community, just a sales pitch.

And yet there are those that still think he’s intentionally doing this, just to teach us lessons, and that he’ll be making his valiant comeback.

I guess we have our own different expectations…

I myself when I started out here in BP, I was introduce in ICT concept BUT before that, I read so many books (I’m sure as everyone else does), other you tube videos, Google search, etc. to get a grasp what Forex trading is and is not. So, I do my own research, my own analysis, my own judgement. Even I have seen most (if not all) ICT’s videos, I only cherry pick what works for me because it is just too much. Then, I added some fundamental analysis along the way to incorporate it with my technical. I guess, I already have a set in mind what I am looking for and it was easy for me to pick and choose what works for me or what not…

I know we are all different individual and different expectations. I didn’t feel that I was lied to, I didn’t see it as a scam or a fraud. I guess I came here with open minded that I am on my own. They are all free ICT Materials so I don’t expect anything else. What’s in there that’s it and I’ll take it… if not, then I don’t mind. If I paid for it, I bet you I will demand more and I will need some proof too but since it’s a freebies, I can’t argue with that.

We are reliable on our own expectations…and that was it …only expectations. I guess, it is better that don’t expect too much so you won’t feel the way you feel right now… being lied to…This is just me…

u n woolo make me laugh with ur poor me images hehehe accept responsibility for u n dnt blame others 4 ur fail

They do though Jack, or at least they try.
Trouble is, apart from a very few savvy senior members most of the Honorary FX seniors are just as naive & directionless as the raw newbies.

If you look at the poll on his very first thread, there were a couple of guys who are sat in the 2% camp who made their fears known early on into his foray here & were lashed by both him & his fanboys.

I & a few others here issued warnings & confronted him only to be jumped on by him & his fan club.
You can issue all the warnings you like, but most novices are so desperate for the key to the golden gate they’ll tag onto any muppet for dear life in the hope they’ll present them with it.

These flashy, hollywood types sell the sizzle knowing they’ll generate an audience frothing at the mouth & that’s what they play on.

It’s happened on here before apparently & it’ll happen again.
The smart ones quickly recognize the signs, side step all the hype & avoid the mess…the naive get snared & waste their most valuable asset - their time!

Aahh, well… It doesn’t hurt to keep an open mind… If he is real -> he will recover. If he is fake -> he will proof it himself. It is all a matter of time…

Actually it would seem that ICT himself is the biggest failure…and whatever he was trying to prove with his myfxbook, backfired to the point of costing him some big gig that would have catapaulted him to some new level of fame & fanfare.

Agreed. Aside from the nonsense here, he goofed up from a marketing perspective big time.

My guess is that he’ll rebrand with a new name or concept or investment vehicle. It sounds like he’s been running stuff like this for awhile. I imagine that’s hard to just turn off.

Spuzzana, I apologise to you for the tone of my reply, looking back at it, it wasn’t one of my proudest moments and I apologise.

Someone a few posts ago used the word “circus” to describe this whole thing and that’s just about what it has become.

This SHOULD be a community to learn from, but instead we’ve become a “two camp them and us affair” that is rapidly becoming less and less enjoyable to visit.

My own personal opinion about the man is neither here nor there, but it’s sad to see what it’s done to the site nevertheless.
Even taking his trading methods out of the equation, I still believe his behaviour since the turn of the year was nothing short of embarrassing, but like I say, neither here nor there.

Truth is, until the day comes when someone videos every trade they make, posts it and links their account to a public access site then EVERY trader who claims to be successful will have their detractors.

From a personal stand point I apologise to the people who run this site for even getting involved in the whole, I hesitate to use the word, discussion.

I won’t post again on this thread, (no big loss eh?)

HoG

regardles u take responsibility 4 ur own trades n take what u learn n make ur own mind up. u cud lash evry1 here if u want if u red there posts n try something n it dont work.what happens then. sorry mg i was rude to u but shudnt have been i just dont like outspoken ppl

just to add i think mods have 2 take responsibility 4 a lot of probs here recently to n not gettin 2 grips soon enough.

I was not so lucky.

I believed he was telling the truth about teaching us to trade profitably on a consistent basis. I also believed him when he said he was going to trade an account profitably showing all trades proving once and for all that its possible. The last one was a lie or something he changed his mind about later.

Anyway I did not cherry pick from his videos to add to an already successful strategy. I was learning from scratch with no real previous profitable experience. I took what he said and followed his rules blindly. Then I stopped being lazy and tested them.

The tools offered no edge during extensive backward application and forward testing. That cannot be blamed on me as an individual. The tools had specific rules. The asian range break out for example can be tested by anyone, same for SMT, same for OTE’s at key support and resistant levels of a higher time frame. On paper the tools were as accurate as flipping a coin. So I brought this up in the thread.

I was told that I needed to clear my mind of these tests and trust the tools in the markets. I was told that evidence and proof is foolish and that is why scientists and engineers never become good traders.

So I shut up about my back testing and the fact that the patterns were right as many times as they were wrong and took his word for it. I naturally made no progress because no amount of faith can overcome reality.

I think that is where a lot of my frustration on the matter comes from the fact that I have always known through maths alone that the tools did not work, yet I continued to listen to the hype. I was stupid and illogical, I should have known better. Its easy for me to shake the internet forum fist at ICT for being deceptive and telling me to believe in his tools, but I should have known better and had the self confidence to stick to my own thorough analysis of the tools.

To be honest, this whole sorry saga could & should have been nipped in the bud by the powers that be right from the get go.

They had a perfect opportunity to bin him when he made his true intentions very clear & they let it slide.

I think that’s what everyone is agreed to…nobody is blaming ICT for their failure. They are however comparing his actions to his words…they don’t match.

Well ya know… :wink:

Knowing what you know now. What are you going to do about it? If you need to go back to basic so be it. I am sure there are some tools/strategy that works for you (maybe 1 or 2?) then try to add, modify, test it again, and create your own strategy. Don’t waste anymore time with this unproductive “discussions” that is if you are still willing to trade or you just want to have “fun” with this kind of entertainment…

I am sure you can moved on with this if you are willing to… just let it goooo…

Yeah back to square one!

I do enjoy these discussions though so they will keep coming!

Wow. I mean wowwy wow wow wow.
I would love to hear the devout explain that one.

I missed the 3rd name, but I called him on the other one…301 Moved Permanently.

This just keeps on getting better. I was apparently gone too long to let his nonsense run so long without calling him out on it.