I have never spoken about this. First let me just say,
1) I'm 100% for real. Just ignore this thread if you're going to call me a liar or ask for bank statements. I'm not soliciting anything from anyone. If I was, then due diligence to the max should be done!
2) I'm not looking for anything from anyone. In fact I've long retired from forex and have no plans to ever get back in.
3) This is not to brag, rather it's a brain dump of sorts and to get some questions that I've had over the years answered.
4) I am trying to maintain some anonymity since I'm not even sure if everything I did was "legal", since it was so easy, although I'm 99% sure it was. That's 1 reason for this post - to get some questions answered.
Ok, so simply put, what I did was arbitrage the market by going long on high interest trades (carry trades) via US-based brokers and shorting the same trades at places that didn't charge rollover (aka Shariah trading via Muslim banks). Living in Southeast Asia I have had access to several of those banks. So essentially it was free money, although I had to balance things out making constant deposits and withdrawals.
I uploaded 1 of my statements from 1 of my accounts - postimg.org/image/5c0q5d6nb/ - that was $250,000 in profit in 2006 from 1 of the brokerages - I blacked out personal identifying information.
I will post a ton more proof if requested, but only if I can know factually that I did nothing wrong whatsoever. Who needs problems. In any event, my last trade was 5 years ago and a few of these brokerages have been sold/ merged. In 2008 when the markets crashed, things became way too volatile, I was stopped out a few times for the first time in 8 years, lost some money in the process (first month in 8 years where I actually lost money) and decided to call it quits.
Since then, interest differences have diminished and it no longer makes sense to get back in even if I wanted to, which I don't. Ok, so a few questions...
1) Did I do anything wrong/ illegal here? I really don't think so. The reason I ask is because it was so easy to make all this money I felt something was off - people work 50 hour weeks while I was doing nothing, just playing on the computer and accummulating a ton of cash.
2) I've lost/ thrown away a lot of my statements since I felt I may have been doing something wrong and the money could be taken away by the brokers/banks if they figured out I was making riskless profits. Consequently, I now have a bunch of money that I can't really explain how I got.
I have it divided in several banks, bought a few properties, gold, silver etc but just in case the authorities figure out all my bank accounts, properties and safe deposit boxes, they will know some 28 year old has several million dollars, and this is a country where salaries are 10% of the US so the money is worth far more. How would I explain it?
I highly doubt anyone could put it all together, cuz I have accounts in a few different countries and properties in a few countries, I have diversified as much as as I can, but I always wondered if I would ever get a knock on the door, since I've never worked a job a day in my life and don't have to. I just play games on the computer, watch torrents, youtube, gym, a whole lot of nothing basically, while everyone else works 50 hours a week for very little money. It seems like I'm "cheating" or something. So, opinions please?