How Pipcrawler Came to Be…

Pipcrawler is one of the biggest names in the BabyPips.com community. One can say that a lot of people look up to him for trading ideas and advice. Not to mention the flock of groupies begging him to divulge the secret behind that oh-so-glowing-green (sometimes blue) skin! But like a little bird once told me, Pipcrawler couldn’t be any more grateful and appreciative to the folks out there who read his thoughts on his blog, Twitter, Facebook, and MeetPips.com pages. If you’re the type who doesn’t just read but also shares ideas and reactions, then you’ll know that he appreciates this greatly since it challenges him to be a better trader. He has admitted time and again that learning never ends, that’s why always being open to looking at the markets from as many angles as possible is his key to improving his trading skills.

Do you want to know the story of Pipcrawler? If so, you’re in luck! Now why don’t you sit back and relax as I unfold the mystery behind Pipcrawler.

Pipcrawler Growing Up

In a far, far away land called Pipbuktu, Pipcrawler was born. Pipbuktu is a small mountain community in the Pipalayan Mountains, and it was here where he grew up. Tragically, he lost his parents in an oil market crash. Since then, he lived as an orphan until Mr. George Pipros took him in. Pipcrawler spent the majority of his childhood just playing in nature, messing around with arts and music, and trying to get himself in as much trouble as he can. (I bet all of us had a childhood much like his and would love to relive those fun and simpler days.)

While growing up, he always dreamed of becoming a professional musician. After all he did play the tambourine quite beautifully. One day, while rocking (with his tambourine, of course) to AC/DC’s Highway To Hell, he stumbled upon something that no kid should ever find out. He discovered his foster parent’s deep dark secret - he was a secret central bank robber.

That was when he decided that he wanted to become just like Mr. Pipros.

So from then on, Pipcrawler would ask the notorious central bank robber, Mr. Pipros to let him work with him. It took him a while (and it took him to ask as if he was a little boy asking for another piece of candy bar) for Mr. Pipros to finally say yes. And so their mischievous adventure went on for years.

Eventually, they decided to part ways since it was… kinda getting awkward between them. Their last job together was the central bank of Pipbuktu. To Pipcrawler’s amazement, Mr. Pipros literally picked up the jar (it was a really small community), smashed it to the ground, stuffed the cash in his pockets and disappeared. That was the last time Pipcrawler saw his foster parent. His running and gunning days were over. Rumor has it that Mr. Pipros used that money to buy a gold plated toilet bowl. Where else but on ebay will you find things like that!

Enter Dr. Pipslow

He then met Dr. Pipslow who taught him that robbing wasn’t the way. Dr. Pipslow taught Pipcrawler that wealth only comes from hard work, overcoming adversity and earning one’s keep. With that philosophy, Pipcrawler saw the great potential and challenge of trading the FX markets. With his talents and God-given gifts of jumping in and out of trades like a ninja, he was instantly hooked and has been practicing ever since!

Dr. Pipslow introduced Pipcrawler to the rest of the gang. That was the day the FX-Men was brought to life. They vowed to and hoped to further their own trading skills, educate the public and create a community of traders to help each other grow. With their super cheesy, corny sense of humor, they mashed well together. (Just like mac and cheese!)

Don’t be mistaken that everything went smoothly from then on. Trading is one of those skills, or jobs, where you can do a lot of work and still be wrong. And there are times where you can be wrong, or lose money, for an extended period of time. It happens to everyone, but not everyone can handle being wrong a majority of the time. So that tends to bring the situation where you begin to doubt yourself and ask, “Am I willing to keep going?”

You probably doubt that this happened to Pipcrawler. But believe it, it does.

It happens to him at least once a year. So what does he do whenever he’s in this most challenging spot? He always remembers that he loves the challenge of mastering himself that he gets through trading. And that there aren’t too many places where you can find that opportunity. He was known to have said, “There’s always been a competitive side to me that won’t let me quit. Most importantly, I want to continue helping newbies find their own way. There isn’t any better feeling than helping and watching someone grow.”

Pipcrawler, Day Trading, and the EUR/USD

When it comes to trading, day trading is his niche. Pipcrawler prefers it since it suits the fast and dynamic environment we see today, thanks to a never ending financial crisis. He’ll throw up a swing trade every now and then, which you can see on his blogs, but he’s come to find that he’s not the most comfortable at leaving trades on overnight. Most importantly, he tries to have and live a balanced life, so closing everything out at the end of the day leaves his mind free to do other things. That maintains balance.

If ever asked to choose one trading vehicle, the EUR/USD market would be ideal for him to trade forever, and that is if it survives the crisis! He has explained before that for a short term trader, liquidity is king and there really are no bigger markets to trade than the US Dollar and Euro. That right now, the crisis has sparked enough volatility for many great trading opportunities daily, but even in slower times, EUR/USD is still good for a few solid opportunities to grab some pips every week.

Every trader out there knows that the market is an unforgiving beast and that every trader needs all the help one can get. Pipcrawler had realized it was working with other traders and bouncing ideas off of each other are the best ways to take ones trading skills to the next level — even for his!

And that my dear friends, is the story so far of a forex trader named Pipcrawler. Since you all have been great and really into Pipcrawler, I’d let you in on something even more personal!

Last Christmas, he confessed to having the hots for Erin Burnett of CNBC. If for some reason they both end up under the mistletoe, he would gladly take that moment and ask her to have some hot cocoa, relax in front of a fire and discuss different scenarios in which the European Union will survive the current mess. No, he wasn’t in any way intoxicated when he said this. This is just how romantic he is.

He may come off as intimidating at first, but as you can see he’s really not. So if you have any questions or if you want to get to know Pipcrawler even better, don’t hesitate; just say ‘Hi!’ on the forums. Or you can follow him on Twitteror on MeetPips.com!

Thanks for the extensive review :slight_smile:

Hello everybody,

Just a little note to thank all of you for the work you do.It helps me a lot. Every day there are chart-set-ups, fundamentals,etc. A lot of work! I am completely new in the business and listen to Inner circle trader. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. I love the combination elegance-efficiency. I have nothing to share but my mistakes. As far as succes is concerned:my demoaccount goes down the tube rapidly.(Thank you for your compassion.) If there is any succes it is this: from unconsciously ignorant I have become consciously ignorant. And, very important, if you are ruthlessly honest with yourself, this business is fantastic to get to know yourself better.
Thanks again and happy trading to all of you.

jan

Yeah! interesting read… keep up “To Pipcrawler’s amazement, Mr. Pipros literally picked up the jar (it was a really small community), smashed it to the ground, stuffed the cash in his pockets and disappeared. That was the last time Pipcrawler saw his foster parent. His running and gunning days were over.”

I hope PIps crawler come to my dream. by the way your site rocks! :wink:

Thanks for all the information doc, i will catch you up again for the next trading experience.

I am so glad I read all of that thinking that I might learn something important about trading or the man himself! … I think!:24: