A couple newbie questions

Hello fellow traders…

I have just started looking at forex trading and I like what I see. I just setup a few different demo account’s with a few different companies.

1. MetaTrader 4
  2. Global Forex Trader (Dealbook 360)
  3. FXCM Trading Station

Anyone have any preferences on these? I will be trying them all out, but just curious on feedback.

Second question, this may be a bit naive but, I noticed in all of my demo accounts, none of the charts are moving at all. I could have sworn I read that trading in the forex markets are 24/7 and yet I don’t see any updates in realtime? I’m confused.

I am also a programmer for my day job and can’t wait to try and use some of that experience into developing something for this world.

Thanks again and sorry for the “newbness” of the my questions, but I do appreciate any responses.

Jeff King

The Forex market is open 24 hours a day, 5.5 days a week. I’m not sure of the exact time, but it opens on Sunday afternoon New York time, and closes on Friday afternoon New York time.

I only use MetaTrader 4 for charting, not trading.
I couldn’t get dealbook 360 to work on windows vista.

I too have a demo account with Dealbook 360. I’m still trying to figure out how to navigate the site. I think I’ve made 2 transactions and think I’ve made 265 bucks…I can’t tell. God I’m so confused…:o

I recommend checking out our lesson on Market Hours.