Does anyone really make money off of the Forex? - Page 13
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tang View Post
    If you use static values, you're correct.

Compounding doesn't work that way.

I was wrong too. It's just under a billion. I added an extra year accidentally, and didn't check.

Don't believe me?

Make it easy on yourself. Use this.
    Actually it works exactly 'that way'. No need 'to make it easy on myself, I'm math literate, not that I need to be as the calculation is anything a 12 year old could accomplish. Seems that Master Tang has eaten one too many fortune cookies.

Your link is irrelevant as it is using monthly compounded, not yearly as was the required (ie stated) 'input'. If you want to use other than yearly compounding you will obviously get a higher result. Why not use weekly, daily or hourly? Understand?

To keep it simple just refer to -
    120% increase on 10,0000 after one year = 10000+12000 = 22000
    120% increase on 22,0000 after one year = 22000+26400 = 48400 etc etc

Time to move on me thinks, Grasshopper. I've just realised that you must be a Troll. If not I suggest keeping away from Trading.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSharptrader View Post
    I like your banter, my EA is used by a hedge fund via hotspot fx, the signal is generated via mt4. Trade placed on hotspot. Not that it's your business.
    Hi Sharptrader,
    I feel bad everyone is picking on you.

I hope you take this as constructive.

regarding your "Sharp_Trend_Trader"
    Your backtests do not look very good. You need better data! 90% with a scalper like that will not give you an indication of its performance.
    google "birts' ea review" and follow the instructions to download dukascopy data.

42% drawdown with a 1.3% PF... It will most probably send you broke!

I trade,write & test ea's full-time. You would want to show me at least 6 month forward test with over 20% per month return and no more then 30% DD. That is my bench mark at the moment for an unattended ea. (not many commercial offerings will do that)

GL

Hahah well looks like no one can calculate. But still trading the way i do it is a visual test not a mathematics test.

But i still think i am right.

Marter Tang that calculator is wrong.

I am right. No hard feelings but use this calculator

Compound INTEREST calculator - calculate online - Annually, Half-yearly, Quarterly, Formula

It says

$26559922.79

Which is exactly the same number I have...

Im using a compounding calculator.
    Last edited by DanielFxTradingCircle; 04-12-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rod178 View Post
    Actually it works exactly 'that way'. No need 'to make it easy on myself, I'm math literate, not that I need to be as the calculation is anything a 12 year old could accomplish. Seems that Master Tang has eaten one too many fortune cookies.

Your link is irrelevant as it is using monthly compounded, not yearly as was the required (ie stated) 'input'. If you want to use other than yearly compounding you will obviously get a higher result. Why not use weekly, daily or hourly? Understand?

To keep it simple just refer to -
    120% increase on 10,0000 after one year = 10000+12000 = 22000
    120% increase on 22,0000 after one year = 22000+26400 = 48400 etc etc

Time to move on me thinks, Grasshopper. I've just realised that you must be a Troll. If not I suggest keeping away from Trading.

If you are compounding correctly, 120% does INDEED compound monthly.
    Nothing wrong with my link in that respect, and nothing wrong with your math.

Don't know why you have to resort to name calling.

Rather childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tang View Post
    If you are compounding correctly, 120% does INDEED compound monthly.
    Nothing wrong with my link in that respect, and nothing wrong with your math.

Don't know why you have to resort to name calling.

Rather childish.

It compounds on every trade. which is much better then monthly! as long as you trade more then once per month.

To all,
    I started out here and hardly read posts. I went though the school provided on this website and got my education. Thanks BAbypips. I then went to FXCM micro to open up an account with $500. I lost all of that plus thousands more. I took a real course given by a pro-trader costs some real money not cheap. I lost money but it was managed more. I re-reviewed the course I purchased and also read some trading books. I followed time tested strategies and ultimately it marinated together to form my own strategy for profitability. You all have to just not give up, stay educated, stay looking at those charts and understand what you are doing. One jewel I will leave with you all is that what is in the school here on Babypips are very true. You just have to know how to use them correctly. Good luck!

Also, the contests that FXCM micro held shows participants turning $500-5000 to over $200,000 in a month. They provide trade reports and interview on the individual traders and their styles. It is quite motivating. Put this into your browser to see for yourself. Enjoy! Contest Winner Archive

I am living example of a real person, telling you a real story about trading FOREX. All beginners, heed my advice, because it is one hundred percent true and based on my very own experiences.

I have traded since the swiss bank intervention, which was approximately almost 2 years ago, since then I have lost thousands upon thousands of dollars. Don't get me wrong, I followed the idiotic school here, I know everything there is to know about trading, triangles, trend lines, flags, fundamentals, QE effects on the market, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

You will lose, when you come here, 90 percent of the people appear like their profiting, in reality maybe 10 percent of the people here actually make a profit, and they leech of the poor guys like ourselves, to make millions of dollars. They are Romney supporters, and we are Obama supporters, and the dodd frank act was the beginning of saving us, for tragedy in the FOREX market.

To conclude, after 2 years, trading everyday, spending many hours researching this, I am not a dunce I am just like everyone of you, and hope no one here limits my speech, but I am telling all of you the truth, Forex is a scam that benefits the rich, and nothing trickles down to any of us. We will go broke, as I did, I've lost thousands as I've said and NO it wasn't all in one trade, it was the span of HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS OF WELL INFORMED TRADES, trading a MICRO account with a minimum of 50 dollars, and I STILL LOST THOUSANDS.

Please if my speech isn't limited, learn from my mistakes, and don't fall into what their trying to sell you, they are very rich and profit from poor traders who lose their life savings wanting a better life. They are republicans, we are democrats.

If you want to be poor, do what poor people do.
    If you want to be rich, do what rich people do.
    If you want to be a douchebag, do what douchebag people do.

Quote Originally Posted by sman1109 View Post
    I am living example of a real person, telling you a real story about trading FOREX. All beginners, heed my advice, because it is one hundred percent true and based on my very own experiences.

I have traded since the swiss bank intervention, which was approximately almost 2 years ago, since then I have lost thousands upon thousands of dollars. Don't get me wrong, I followed the idiotic school here, I know everything there is to know about trading, triangles, trend lines, flags, fundamentals, QE effects on the market, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

You will lose, when you come here, 90 percent of the people appear like their profiting, in reality maybe 10 percent of the people here actually make a profit, and they leech of the poor guys like ourselves, to make millions of dollars. They are Romney supporters, and we are Obama supporters, and the dodd frank act was the beginning of saving us, for tragedy in the FOREX market.

To conclude, after 2 years, trading everyday, spending many hours researching this, I am not a dunce I am just like everyone of you, and hope no one here limits my speech, but I am telling all of you the truth, Forex is a scam that benefits the rich, and nothing trickles down to any of us. We will go broke, as I did, I've lost thousands as I've said and NO it wasn't all in one trade, it was the span of HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS OF WELL INFORMED TRADES, trading a MICRO account with a minimum of 50 dollars, and I STILL LOST THOUSANDS.

Please if my speech isn't limited, learn from my mistakes, and don't fall into what their trying to sell you, they are very rich and profit from poor traders who lose their life savings wanting a better life. They are republicans, we are democrats.

I hope that is clear enough....

Forum Sponsors