Does anyone really make money off of the Forex? - Page 7
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Epidot
    Have to also ask the question. How do they come up with 95%. On what basis? Do they take every single acount that has been opened, or only ones who have traded at least once. Or for a period of time...

Things things make a big difference.

It is very very easy to creat a Forex account and put real funds into it. But think of a computer game. Think of WoW.. Take a look at the amount of "sign ups" and the amount of Active players and you'll find the majority of the data used is irrelevant. They played 1 day and didnt like it, they left...

Same with forex. The data used to get 95% has too many variables to be considered worthy.
    Do 95% of people actively try to learn Forex and trade for a lenghty peroiod of time and just fail? no. Most decided it wasn't for them after all.

Just imagin how many people lose there 1st real trade. ALOT. There will be fear and they will stop right then.

They are likely classed within the 95% losers catagory.

It says it all..
    Agreed. The data are I am sure skewed by people closing losing accounts, early drop outs, etc. It must be a total count of all accounts that close at a loss or something of that nature.

Case in point: we are about to shut an account at a loss although two strategies that were productive in that account are going to be rolled out on a new platform.

I haven't started trading yet, but I am to the point of starting some practicing. I have been taking my time learning. There is quite a bit to ingest as far as all the different techniques and tools with Forex. I believe the more knowledge and money you have, money in your account the better chance you have of succeeding in Forex. Most brokers will even tell you the higher your account the higher your success rate. But without the knowledge your also losing in your favor. So knowledge and money plus money management will help you succeed. Since I am new myself and haven't done any trading yet, my plan is to learn as much as I can, start with a mini or micro lot account after practice trading. When I feel I have the hang of it then and only then will i begin to trade real money.

Quote Originally Posted by nevergiveupss
    Consistency and winning long run!

I really believe that consistency and long longggggggg run will prove the system is working or not. I'm totally agree with you that three months are too little time to prove the system. Good luck with that, anyway.

Happy trading,
    Ken.

P.S. FX trading is a marathon, it's not sprint!
    Thanks ken. 4th winning month in a row. 420 trades. 76% wins. 12pips average net of losers. Starting to get a large enough sample to have statistical confidence.

"Does anyone really make money off of the Forex?"

Brokers make a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by rod178 View Post

Brokers make a lot!
    Banks also make money! cuz they're in business! If not, then non of them here in FX world.
    Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by rod178 View Post

Brokers make a lot!
    I am a bit confused on this matter myself. A thread was deleted because of this same issue. I think, from what I have heard on this site that, my understanding is Yes, there are people making money. Who, The big banks, and there are 10 major Banks making money off of you and me, the newbies who don't know jack about trading. Also online Brokers, giving us free software that makes them money, because we keep using the same old trading systems that are outdated and guaranteed to make us lose. And another guy, The people who write the Books and articles saying you can make a living trading Forex and Stocks. Those are the real money makers. So, what can I do, we do. Treat it as a hobby. Because I have not seen one shred of evidence that I can make a living with Forex. Now I have seen evidence of getting rich in the stock market day trading. But for the average Joe, like me, I see nothing, Zip---------No evidence what-so-ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingback
    I am a bit confused on this matter myself. A thread was deleted because of this same issue. I think, from what I have heard on this site that, my understanding is Yes, there are people making money. Who, The big banks, and there are 10 major Banks making money off of you and me, the newbies who don't know jack about trading. Also online Brokers, giving us free software that makes them money, because we keep using the same old trading systems that are outdated and guaranteed to make us lose. And another guy, The people who write the Books and articles saying you can make a living trading Forex and Stocks. Those are the real money makers. So, what can I do, we do. Treat it as a hobby. Because I have not seen one shred of evidence that I can make a living with Forex. Now I have seen evidence of getting rich in the stock market day trading. But for the average Joe, like me, I see nothing, Zip---------No evidence what-so-ever.
    People do make money I am one of those people. I created my own setups and then automated it. It is more difficult then people make out. But I make around 20% a month.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSharptrader View Post
    People do make money I am one of those people. I created my own setups and then automated it. It is more difficult then people make out. But I make around 20% a month.
    Tend to agree, automating your own set-ups is the way to go, not that its easy, far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by hypnos63 View Post
    is anyone willing to say how much they ARE making?
    the more money they have to invest the more they make, if they invest 10,000 they make in the thousands regularly if they know whats going on.

people who only put 50 dollars in only make a few dollars or lose it all unless they have high leverage more than fifty to 1

Quote Originally Posted by rod178

Tend to agree, automating your own set-ups is the way to go, not that its easy, far from it.
    Yep took me 3 months to develop it. Hard stuff if you want to maintain gains over long terms.

Forum Sponsors