Does anyone really make money off of the Forex?

Trade that for years and tell me you’re still at 20% a month and I will give you every dime I have.

I have hit 20% a month quite often. Heck I have come close to hitting that in one trade risking 2%. However I highly doubt I average 20% monthly. More like 10% at best. It also took a lot longer than 3 months to develop my way of trading. Hell its still in development as I type this and will be for the rest of my career in trading. I also doubt this year will come close to averaging 20% as I made some tweaks from last year to up the R:R and win% but the side effect is way less trades. A sacrifice I am will to make lol

wow that is good. 3 months? Took me years (many many years) before i made enough to buy my first ferrari trading (cash). up to 3 now))) Ferrari(s) that is.

Any return should be regarded as ‘random’ unless it can be ‘confirmed’ by at least 500 trades. I’m being simplistic, although you get the drift. A good book to read is “Evidenced Based Technical Analysis by David Aronson”.

I have a ‘robot’ (JForex Strategy) that, in backtests, turns $500 into $65000 over a six month period. Wow indeed and not BS. One ‘small’ problem is that it loses the lot by the end of month eight.

Trading has more to do with the control of risk, ie surviving, than ANYTHING else. Some of Van Tharp’s books explain these concepts in great detail. I especially like his “marble game”. In it most participants still lose, despite being given a trading edge, ie 60% chance of winning an even odds bet. The reason, poor money management. Ask yourself, will my ‘system’ survive 10 sequential loses?’.

PS
Ferrari, is that what you call her?! LOL.

I have traded it over a year… I risk 1%. It works. Plus I manual trade and have my ea trading a different strategy for me at same time.

I totally agree my ea worked through 24 months. It’s not a huge gainer but makes 120% annually. More pips in the pocket.

3 Ferrari’s, Hey that’s pretty good after years of trading. 20% per month, that’s dam good, heck 10% per month is good. I’m only getting 10% Per year in my 401K, AND IT’S MY MONEY. I get 6 percent from the company. 65,000 dollars in 6 months, not bad. Sounds like a worthwhile endeavor.

Again… Annually. How many years do you decide that something is annually? You are essentially saying you more than double your money every year. Year after year.

I find your claims very difficult to believe. From my standpoint you appear to be an energetic person with lofty goals and minimal experience claiming to have results that haven’t been seen since the 95-99’ bull run with tech stocks. And we see how that all turned out. Nobody today is touting annual returns of 120%, so how are you?

I learnt from Greg secker at knowledge to action. I own www.thesharptrader.com check out some of my robot stats and live trading stats for yourself, I make 120% annual trading forex with my expert advisor, manual trading I make 15-20% monthly. You just need real training from professionals in order to get those results not retail strategies. Lofty goals? Maybe to some but my goals are being achieved, and have done throughout some bad economical times. I know traders making 20-30% they are more experienced then me within my traders group.

Show some statistically verifiable results (ie not just 11 trades) and we may believe you.

Personally I couldn’t care less if you do not believe me. I commented about the EA. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. Let’s just say if you was one of my 12,000 fans following me and my trades you would think different. Facebook.com/thesharptrader

Well, I’m supposing that you are posting in an effort the sign up some additional punters. Your presented backtests prove nothing.

As for 12,000 fans, well, I’m certain you like the attention as well as their money

Not at all… That’s why lessons are like £5 on there lol its pennies. It’s there to help people. 12,000 fans doesn’t come from anywhere, and as for there money they follow trades for free.

Well done Lol…

OK, you are here to help humanity and only charge five quid to (potentially) turn $50K into $445K within 12months. ie compounding at 20% per month.

I’ll state it one more time -

Backtests mean nothing unless performed on a statistically valid sample. Hence do not claim 20% per month as you cannot prove it. Presenting 10 out of 11 trades as being in any way meaningful is disingenuous.

I make 20% manually trading my EA makes 120% annual and isn’t for sale, it bounces if someone tried to purchase it.this is because it is used by two hedge funds.

But yes a fiver, shows you strategies on how to make 15-20% monthly.

It must make George Soros sore.

A fine young Trader

Who’s care!

You have made, not make. You cannot state a present tense in trading. All results are in the past and have no guarantees of future results.

Back testing is entirely irrelevant as it can only show that a strategy has the potential to be viable for future returns. However, trading forward is the only true measure of success. And not after a few trades, but a few hundred trades over a period if time that can encompass various economic environments.

Flat out, you sound amateur.

So you have two options at this point.

Get defensive and argumentative and continue on the same position of alienating yourself.

Or…,

Actually accept the constructive criticism, understand that you do not know everything and that you stand the chance to learn something from someone else.

For as it stands you will only succeed on attracting those who you can convince as opposed of surrounding yourself on an environment of which you can grow.