Best trading platform?

Hello all,

I have completed my schooling, but I was wondering if someone can let me know what they find is the best trading platform out there? Currently I have been using the demo account with cmsfx.com and I do like the trading systems they have in there that notify you of changes in direction and indicate when to buy/sell as well as the user community that create their own. Its helpful for a beginner to see the indications.

Can anyone tell me if other trading platforms do this too? Are there any better then cmsfx?

Thanks
Matt

well me being a noob also, i am not sure if i can tell you if any are the best. But, i have tried several of them and seem to stick to the MT4(meta trader 4) platform,
i have tried the VT trader before and i didnt like it as much.
all i can say is try a few of them and see which one feels better for you to work with.

hope this helped some,

Rob

My fave is Oanda’s platform :cool:

Me too. I use OANDA but i do my charting with MT4.

I need a broker who uses MT4 and also has all currency pairs available for trading. Forex.com is great in that they offer most if not all currency pairs but they dont use MT4.

i started demoing with forex.com, they are the ones that had me go to forexte.com, its a sister company under gain. they have MT4

Has anyone tried ACM? Just curious?
www.ac-markets.com | Online Forex Trading | Currency Trading | ACM

Does anyone know if it is possible to set the high and low values of currency pairs in the market watch window of Meta Trader 4 platform…that’s the only thing I’m missing.

if you right click in the market watch window a box will open up.

on there will be the properties of the box. you will see the high/low just put a check mark and it will show.

i hope this helps.

Rob

Thank you, I guess I was blind:) Another thing I noticed. I was using [I]I trade FX platform[/I] and now I’m putting meta trader for a test, but when I compare prices if I have both programs open I see that there is a 1-2 pips difference in the bid/ask price:confused: And it doesn’t look like a connection lag, it’s allways like this.

well chances are if they are running on 2 different companies, there is prolly a different price spread.

Try out the MT4,it is very easy to use,Trading off the charts is great,offers multiple timeframes, and several currency pairs to trade,you can implement your own EAs and transfer it to different programs,one of the important features of the mt4 is the ability to implement automation into my trades

Sarah, sweetie, you’ve resurrected another zombie thread.

Matthew disappeared from this forum over 7 years ago.

I use FXCM… they are helpful and lots of educational stuff. And they do have MT4 for free.

according to my view if you are looking for the trading signals and indications when to buy or sell, you can go with the social trading platforms like zulu trade where you can follow them and observe their traders. moreover the trades will be executed automatically in your account too. you can observe the trades, learn and earn besides you can go for MT4 too where you can have the signals provided by the community and you can also opt the option for the auto trading as well. if you are looking for the broker for zulu, you can go with FX Optimax, Nord Fx or FinPro while in the case for MT4 you can go with any of the brokers like FXCM, Oanda, Avatrade, Finpro or any other broker. you can open a demo account and test it .
Happy trading :slight_smile:

MT4 is best for using automated trading (Expert Advisors), but if you don’t use them in your trading it won’t really matter which platform you use. If you feel comfortable with certain platform and broker - stick to it.

I use mayzus broker’s MT4 for trading. Its a very good platform and has all the necessary aspects that I require for trading. I also have an android version of this platform on my mobile which I use to check my open trades.

This thread’s from 2008, but the answers in 2015 are going to be no less subjective and personal than they were then.

There isn’t an objective “best trading platform”; it depends on the user and on what s/he’s trying to do and how s/he trades.

Like a couple of people above, I like Oanda’s fxTrade platform, too: it’s completely intuitive and easy to use. On the other hand, for those who trade from indicators it’s close to useless because most of its indicator displays are [I]wildly[/I] inaccurate owing to the way their input parameters include “weekend breaks” as if there had been trading during those periods. It can’t even display a moving average correctly.

From my own perspective, (a) MT4 is by far the [I]worst[/I] “serious one” I’ve ever seen and tried to use (and it doesn’t surprise me at all that I know nobody who successfully [U]makes a living[/U] by trading who’s willing to [I]trade from[/I] it), and (b) it’s pretty hard to beat NinjaTrader, though that involves quite a learning-curve. I see this issue as “just like everything else in trading” in that short-cuts [U]don’t[/U] pay.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You can find lot of different platforms out there and it is up to you which one is suiting you the best. You need to try few of them ans see which one do you like the best.
As a beginner I would recommend you to go with MT4, it has all the necessary tolls you need to have.