Complete Noob Here

Okay, so I’m totally new to the world of forex trading. I’ve looked around and managed to learn that it has to do with the rates of exchange…beyond that, I’m pretty much lost. What is it? How do you do it? How different is it from stock trading?

See, I told you I was a noob…

LOL, don’t worry, Sweet Charity I am also a partial noob LOL!
Anyway, the way I understand is that forex is currency trading, and stock trading means shares of stocks/commodity.
Those who are not noobs, am I right ?

Soooo…you buy another country’s currency (or just exchange some of your currency for some of theirs?) and when the value of their currency in relation to your currency changes, you either make money or lose it? Is that right?

Hi, though a newbie, this one you’re talking about Sweet Charity is about Forex trading, the value of the different currencies fluctuates and in the process, when you trade on them, you either lose or gain.

Take a few minutes and read through the Quickstart section again… specfically [B]THE SKINNY ON FOREX[/B] and [B]HOW YOU MAKE MONEY[/B]. You will be enlightened.

You should also invest some time and possible money on extensively reading about the subject. Remember to always do research before you attempt anything that could cost you money.

That’s some sound advice there. I can never stress enough how much doing a few hours worth of research will pay off in the long run. But you shouldn’t stop there. You need to keep continuing to research and read as your progressing.

This post was a nice read for me. I came here a noob (still am) but I’m reading the quick start section to understand more about this.

I’m with Nogard (not literally but in the sense of… never mind…). I’m going to read and keep in touch with all of you guys and hope soon not to be so much of a noob!

I understand how hard it really is for newbies to understand right away. Wish it is that easy as a click of a mouse to learn FX.

I’m in the same boat as you. This site is really helping me out though so that keeps me motivated :slight_smile:

Wow, is that an insight you came up with your own?

Also, I’m pretty sure if you trade commodities, it’s called “commodities trading” and not stock trading.

I suggest you to take a look to school section on this webpage. I think it`s very well written and even beginners can understand it.

School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading

Well I hope the OP made the correct decision, after all this was posted 7 years ago lol

LOL. How these guys find these old threads ??

On purpose ??

You could click on the “school” tabs at the top.
It is a great step-by-step course which teaches you about forex from head to toes!