Who is the best broker

hi
i am in austraila about to go live wanting to know the best brokers
i am thinking ig markets but there charts are to hard to follow i have to go to MT
to look at the charts then go to ig to put the trade on
any help would be good
thanks
rob

I like Oanda. their charts suck but I use MT4 demos to do my chart work and then place my trades with them.

They’ve worked fine for me so far.

fx solutions

Never had problems with FXCM
and still making positive pips:D

I just set up my first live account ever with Interbank FX (IBFX) this weekend, and I just made my wire transfer tonight actually. Besides them, the only other one I would personally consider is OANDA. Those two I have not really heard anything bad about.

I trade with MB Trading Direct Access Brokerage Firm

They are an ECN. THERE IS NO FIXED SPREAD IN FOREX.

You can google and find out what I really think about “FIXED SPREAD BANDITS”.

I’ll leave it at that so I don’t get banned.

How do I avoid the spread?

I explained this to someone yesterday in an IM.

With MBT you pay a commission rather than having a “FIXED SPREAD”.

It’s “apples and oranges” so don’t try to compare. “THE MATRIX HAS YOU” and you need to “FREE YOUR MIND” to understand what I am about to explain.

Let’s say the current bid/ask is 1.5010 x 1.5015

The current spread is 5 pips.

You want to SHORT.

You SHORT at 1.5010.

You set a TP at 1.5005.

Bid/Ask becomes 1.5005 x 1.5009 and the current spread is 4 pips.

At MBT, you will get filled if the bid is 1.5005 and someone TAKES your offer.

Bid/Ask is now 1.5004 x 1.5009 and YOU HAVE YOUR PROFIT.

Note: the ASK never reached 1.5005. THIS IS IMPORTANT!

If you entered this order at a FIXED SPREAD BANDIT, whoops I mean broker, your order is STILL OPEN!!

The bid/ask must become 1.5000 x 1.5005 and your order HITS the Ask.

DO YOU GET IT?

If not, then read this over and over and over again until the LIGHT BULB goes off!!

The day I found out about MBT is the day I opened an account there and stopped trading with FIXED SPREAD BROKERS.

The simplest thing to do is to load up a demo account at MBT Group and see it with your own eyes.

When you place your TP Bid offer at 1.5005, your bid is displayed on Level II.

The point is with MBT your offer gets hit.

With FIXED SPREAD BROKERS you have to wait to hit their offer.

Maybe this might help:

First:

1.5010 x 1.5015

and price drops…

1.5009 x 1.5014

1.5008 x 1.5013

1.5007 x 1.5013

1.5006 x 1.5012

1.5006 x 1.5011

1.5005 x 1.5011 You may get hit

1.5005 x 1.5010 You may get hit

1.5004 x 1.5009 YOU COVERED 5 PIP GROSS PROFIT

AND LET’S CONTINUE

1.5003 x 1.5008

1.5002 x 1.5007

1.5001 x 1.5006

1.5000 x 1.5005 YOUR FIXED SPREAD BROKER FILLS YOUR ORDER.

Does that make it clearer??

What about the commission cost?

The commission varies depending on the pair trading.

It is $.50 per 10k minilot on USDJPY. So if I gross 2 pips, I am making money.

From the MBT site:

[B]Commission Rates

Fixed spreads are a way for FCMs to markup or markdown the best bid or offer. FCMs do this to hide their fee into the price of the currency pair instead of displaying their best quote. Common sense tells you that no one works for free, so when you see an FCM claim they have �no commission�, that should be a red flag. So how are they getting paid? Its simple: they are making money with the built-in markup/markdown in the spread.

Our FCM, MB Trading Futures, has nothing to hide. They offer tighter spreads with no markups/markdowns and openly display a low commission rate.

Commissions are based on total dollar amount traded: $5 per $100,000 traded.

[/B]

If you like mt4, why don’t you get with a mt4 broker. Alpari, MIG, etc… there are plenty.

I’m actually being a bit hypocritical :slight_smile: because i def use mt4 for my charting (superb), but dont like to trade through the mt4 anymore.

try this from babypips
How to Choose a Forex Broker - BabyPips.com

I like Alpari.
They have MT and very well ranked!

It depends on your trading style and what you want to do. FXCM wont let you scalp. Oanda wont let you hedge. It depends on what you want.

I prefere to work with the broker who offer no swapes & no commisson wither on opening account, withdrawal and deposit. Do you have any recommendations out there? For I have many but still confused

i use Alpari (UK). they have been perfect so far.

How come? This is interesting because I always thought trading through mt4 would be the ideal situation.

I am trading with Kerford Investments which is found to be the best and reliable broker.

G’day trader007. I was in the same situation (almost) a year ago, I live 50% in Aussie, 50% in Switzerland. People here who answered that they have never heard a bad word about their broker XYZ are either stupid, lying or trying to convince you (probably too many CM XXXX). To the point, I am with ACM, Advanced Currency Markets. Are they any good? Yea, pretty darn right they are. Have I ever read any thing bad about them? Course I have, mate it’s normal, usually the bigger you are, the more crap is written about you.

Most important for you is to carry out research, due diligence. You will not find 1 broker who will give you 100% of what you are looking for, so make a list of the MOST important points for you and take it from there.

Just a little quick info about ACM. They have an award winning proprietary platform with 4 technologies AND are about to introduce the MT4 as well, this should cover everyones technology requirement.

Good luck mate

Since my time on this forum the “who is the best broker” question is one of the most frequently asked.

I have developed a standard answer for this question…

[B]The broker that is best for you is the broker that you like best!![/B] :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

lolz very true.,
this is the most common and very frequently asked questions in most of the forums.
Although all the brokers as well as their reputations are well known.
Discussion must have based on their services, reliability, whether it is good on these points or not.

I recommend ECN brokers, because they actually want you to be successful. I’m not a fan of market makers, or brokers who are on the other side of every one of your trades making profits on your losses.

Definitely research an ECN Broker vs Retail/Institutional/Market Maker and educate yourself on what the differences between these types of brokers are.

Take care.

After trying several brokers I would recommend ac-markets as well.
I have been trading with them for 10 months now and must say that everything they advertise in their web site is true�

good trading!!!:slight_smile:

Yes, I would recommend them as well, though about everything being true you must be aware that the claim of EUR/GBP being “as low as 0.5 pips” does not apply in all market conditions…the few times I have done this style of kamikaze trading I usually see it between 2-4 pips. :wink: