New to trading

In our place we were made to believe that the only good thing to invest is in real estate. However, in this new time, many companies advertise their products and packages to invest in.

How can I decide on where and how to invest my money? I am a noob to trading, I am not very familiar with forex but know a little, what is your suggestion?

Perhaps what you can do is to invest in long term stocks because these don’t need much attention although you have to be sure that the companies in which you’re investing are doing well by keeping yourself updated. Any other suggestions?

I don’t go for long term trading/investment because I prefer the short term ones in which your money is liquid at all times and it is easy to know if you’re profiting or losing while your money is still low. Long term goes for higher investment and sometimes higher risk too since the money depends on the company where you are investing on.

How much hands on are you looking for? Do you want to be in control or have some else do the "dirty"work?

As for me, I would like to do this thing myself so that I can learn more. Perhaps if I am going to ask somebody do the ‘dirty work’, that will be after I have mastered it.

That makes sense. After you have mastered it, you can check wheter or not the person is doing it right. I would rather be as hands on as possible since I don’t really trust anyone else with my money except for me.

If I have the luxury of having someone else do the dirty work then I would do it. But as of right now I can’t afford to pay anyone except myself to do it for me. Perhaps when I’m older I’ll consider it but y ou just hear so many stories.

I like to go hands on all the way. The only person I trust is myself with my money other than that, no. But if I were going to hire someone I would do research on that person first.

Just a part of due diligence. Nothing wrong with that. But you can’t really do that much research on a person can you.

LOL Movni, sometimes I don’t even trust ME with my money!!

Last post, so true :)))))))))))

On Investment, yeah there are various forms of investment you can opt for with varying degrees of risk - from stocks to forex market. You need to decide if the Fx market is the right choice - start with the demo and see how the market works. That should help you decide…

not invest more than the minimum; be sure to trade with a regulated broker; can try a demo account

New traders should understand the risk involve in forex trading. Most of the advertisement make it look easy but its not. The percentage of losers in forex market is very high, so you should do proper research before you start real account trading.

Never invest your money if you don’t understand in details how returns on your investments will be made.
If you want to start forex trading, begin with demo at least 6 months, choose some reliable broker suitable for newbies like FXCM or Hotforex, ask for help on forums if you need to get something explained.
And never be lured by high returns. better invest into real estate or bank deposit if you don’t have any knowledge about other investment programs.

If you dont have any idea about trading then do not invest any money over here. Forex trading risky business. Always invest money, in business where you have knowledge how you are going to work with.

Guys, the thread is [B]A DECADE OLD[/B]. :wink:

“Anaueltradts” just decided to bump it today, for some reason, to offer a one-line post repeating things said on the previous page - though that obviously helps nobody.

Edited to add: I’m not complaining about it “just for the sake of it”: it’s really helpful if people can avoid doing this, as it serves only to knock other, more recent, more useful posts off the first page.