Forex Newbie demo site suggestions

I am looking for direction on what is the best demo site for somebody who would be looking to open a micro account of 1K-2K.

Thanks,

-Bob

1 Like

If it’s a demo account, you can open as many as you want and you don’t really have anything to lose. You don’t even have to put your real personal info if you don’t want.

I would personally recommend you check out ibfx.com and oanda.com and see which ones you like better. Those are probably 2 of the biggest and most reliable brokers in my opinion.

Any huge regulated broker/firm will do.
It depends on whether you must have
MetaTrader 4 or some proprietary
platform used by other firms. If you
must have MT4, I would also recommend
Interbank.

I just got started on Forex.com - are they reliable?

I’ve never personally dealt with them. This site has a lot of bad reviews of them, but I’m also not sure if this website is legitimate either… so much uncertainty in the world of forex…

Forex Broker Fraud & Scam Reviews & Ratings

That’s an interesting website. Reading through it I see about every trading website is being called a scam for 60% and good for 40% or so. I guess in the end it evens out? Sadly customers never give feedback when they’re happy, only when they’re angry.

Yeah, on second glance, there is no site on there with a good review except a few unknown sites with 1 biased 5-star review each. But I still recommend IBFX or OANDA more than anyone else… stick with the tried, tested, and true.

I think I may give Oanda a try too. I just checked them out and like the fact that you can trade as low as $1 to get you started, so you’re not forced into a big trade that you don’t really feel comfortable yet.

swisstrader, some of my friends trade with OANDA and they only are complying of the charting program. I am going live with them this week, their spreads are very good and they don’t kick scalpers away (not that I am one). If you are going to do technical analysis they aren’t good, just use MT4 or other program from some demo account and that will suffice.
It is strange to use two different demo account at time. If you want to go live with a good broker that have a bad charting platform (OANDA in my case) this is what you will be doing, executing orders in one and analysis in another.

[B][/B]Hey Guys:

Hope you’re all making some dough!
I just signed up with Oanda and I’m confused about something. I looked around the platform and it seems to me they don’t have candlestick charts.
Those bar charts are not sinking in for me right now, but I know I can get a handle on the candles.
[B]Candlesticks [/B]are what I’ve been studying and its probably what I’ll want on my platform. [B]Also, nothing seems to move on Oanda.[/B] The quotes seemed to be at a standstill.:confused: On [B]ForexTrader[/B] things were moving all the time, lol.
If Oanda, doesn’t have candles, where would you suggest a Newbie go to get candles on her platform.
Please help, I can’t wait to place my first trade. Thank you.:slight_smile:

I just signed up with Oanda and I’m confused about something. I looked around the platform and it seems to me they don’t have candlestick charts.

In the drop down menu next to chart time, candlesticks, at
the top of the chart.

Thanks for this info. I need all the help I can get… There is so much to learn
and I’m willing.

They’ll be loads of brokers whether regulated or not (personally don’t think the regulation counts for anything anymore) most will offer lots of demo accounts so can mix things up on each one