For the working traders

For those who work full time, just would like to ask as to how you manage your trading time. What hours in the day do you trade? How do you manage your time? I am very particular with time management that is why I want to get your schedule and check if it would work for me too.

As for me, I only trade after office hours, when I get home from the office, that’s where my other job comes in.

As I am busy, trading is just part time for me and I do it every weekend.

I’m in the same situation. I actually stay at work longer and take breaks to do my trading. It’s too crazy when I get home!

Chasing, it seems to be stressful to do that! LOL

Anyway, as for me, I do it once in a while as I stay at home most of the time. I have a full-time online job and trading is one of the things that I do part-time.

Since my job requires that some times I am busy with my project and I have to beat the deadline, it means that trading will only be done when I have extra time . However, when I tend to be engrossed with it, I don’t go and look for any project just to concentrate with it.

Geline, just out of curiosity what is your online job? I’ve been looking on the net for jobs online and can only seem to find things such as taking surverys-which I’m not interested in since I have to pay some amount of money.

I trade whenever I have the free time, which is probably an hour or two at night. I have my job, my passion and also school. My time sheet is all filled up.

I don’t really have that much going on in my life so I trade whenever I can. After work I trade and such. So I guess I would say whenever the mood strikes me, though I do like going over the wall street journal.

I don’t really spend that much time on trading. I know if I start to spend more time I’d start getting obsessed over it and spend all my free time trading. It’s not something I want to do.

I got my online job from an employer which I worked for when I bid on his project. If you are from the US, I don’t know if it would be applicable to you as the bid rates are low. I have written some of the links in my website. You might try to check them out. :slight_smile: at:

http://www.freelancergeline.com

daytime working as a banker,
when i reach home…most of my time trading or do some research before putting an order live!

:cool:

As a truck driver, my day job usually starts quite early. Anywhere from 12 midnight to 3am. So, I usually get up an hour before I have to start getting ready, look and see what’s going on, place my trades - if all looks right - and let it ride till I get home. I’m usually home anywhere from 10am to 1pm.

Obviously, stop losses are a big thing for me, and trailing orders to make sure I’m not wipped out if a trade goes against me. Seems to be working so far…