Which platform should I use?

I’m trying to decide which platform I should use…Since being new to FOREX I have no experience with Trading Platforms…through my observations and little Googlein’ it appears that Metatrader is what a lot of Traders are using…Right???

Is there a certain platform that a newbie like myself should cut their teeth on or is it best to start with the platform that has the best options and stick with that platform?

I’m also looking for a reputable broker that supports the platform that I should be using…I’m really looking for a one stop shop (If it exists) with Daily News, Education, etc… I’m also looking for a demo account that doesn’t expire…I plan on Demoing for up to 6 mos. to a year before I go live…

If I had to pick a Broker / Platform today I would be leaning towards FXCM.COM and Metatrader. Am I heading in the right direction?

Any comments / opinions and direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would go for Metatrader. But i use the Oanda broker.

You can use the Metatrader platform.Try with Kerford Investments which uses Metatrader 4.

add me now and i will help you

<[email protected]>

Help with what?

Who are you and what do you want?

Are you maybe a scammer? There are many such people out there… who want only to get inside the pockets of their victims.

I suggest you explain who you are and what help you’re offering, and why you want to help? What’s in it for you?

Yes, many are using Metatrader. But don’t base your choice only on the platform.

Go find forexsaviours thread here on babypips and you’ll get a good idea about what else that matters.
Personally, I chose Oanda after a close comparison with Alpari UK and GFT. I’m quite happy so far. Be somewhat careful with FXCM. Their reputation isn’t the best, especially for their micro account.

I think acm is a very good broker. They have 4 diff adaptable platforms to choose from 6 easy to work. Since they are a Swiss broker, about to become a Swiss bank, your money is safe for sure. Regarding their platform, it expires after 2 months�

Wish you good luck on your trading!

You must be living on the moon if you’ve missed this: 301 Moved Permanently

If there’s any broker to especially stay away from, it’s ACM.

Get your facts straight before you recommend stuff to people!

I would suggest the MT4 platform simply because its customizable and you can keep a account open for longer than 30 days. usually platforms give you a trial for 30 days and once it is over your account is closed and if you still want to demo you need another email to waste. the mt4 has no time limit for how long you keep a account open as far as i know. and if their is a time limit it is a very long time :slight_smile:

the platform is basicly your own decision because you can generally use whatever your strategy is on the platforms. some are just more user-friendly.

I’ve trade in many brokers such as Liteforex broker,FXCM,Oanda and the other…
I most like liteforex broker because i can gain many hundreds dollar there. Joining for 3 years is long enough and never got problem with them…

Mt4 is best trading plate form for traders. It had all specification we need for trading . I mostly use this plate form or brokers trading terminal for this purpose . I feel ease at Mt4 due to its user friendly nature. I learn all trading on this plateform . I am habitual to use it.

On platforms, since you are a beginner, would suggest MT 4. On a one stop shop, most brokers or more importantly reputable ones do offer a news service though the jury’s out on how effective they are. And most brokers post weekly/daily analysis or a better bet would be to check with independent news service like bloomberg and rest.
On education, yes, most host basic resources but for more detailed info, check out babypips school of pipsology