What broker you use?

I am using Kerford Investments but I don’t know whether we can open a trade via phone.

Hello friends
I knew it is important that which broker is the best or which is the best broker, in my personal opinion i think that the thing which is more important is how much skilled you are and how much experienced you are in the forex market.

…but you need to work on strategies! Use a demo to death to build these, and do a lot of reading, this site is a very good start…the rest is lady luck!

Like Migu says, a good broker may come by way of mouth, but still research that it will give you what you want. I use ACM, like you the mobile trading function is vital to me. I am from Miami but am currently traveling in Europe, the mobile trader, and laptop which uses the web trading platforms, are a godsend. The great thing is that all 4 platforms are interconnected, this allowed me to open a position before I left Fl. and check it at Munich airport. The advantage over the MT4 is that you can set trailing stops and then switch off, the trail will keep functioning. This means that I was able to switch off before leaving, this gave me peace of mind that no electrical was left on whilst I am away…security.

I am very pleased with acm�s platforms, they are easy to work with. They have 4to choose from. I often travel abroad and their mobile platform allows me to trade from my I-pod everywhere.
Besides, since acm owns their software, you hardly have any technical troubles.
REGARDS!!!:smiley:

i use gft ,no problems so far

OANDA baby thats the real deal. :slight_smile:

I use IBFX but is not for daytraders.

Check out this Oanda review[B] before[/B] you try them

Thank you for the necro. :smiley:

I use Go Markets which is a regulated ECN broker in Australia. I’ve also tried etoro but they are a market-maker and lack basic features like trailing stop losses.

I am using AVAFX broker and satisfied with their services as well. AVAFX also offer mobile trading but I did not use still now.

There is this individual here called “Connect” who has been bugging me on the forum and using posts against me because I like OANDA, a market maker. So I did a little resurch about his beloved ECN brokers, because what this individual is trying to telle that an ECN broker is out there for free and really not for the money. Well let me tell something everyone. Don’t try to offer me a broker that asks commision from me for using their platform. There are cases when they take away 5% as commision from your trade + I doubt that they give u interest on ure account while u keep your money in there (though this one I didn’t find out entirely yet). There is no commision for market makers. They make money from the spread and OANDA really has the tightest spread out there. Others come around with better charts I hear. Everyone should just find the one that works the best for them and all I did is to mention which is the one I like the best amongst them out there.

Sent from my iPhone using BabyPips

Yes and it’s already obvious that YOU promote Oanda. I know, you are no day trader, so you do not care about order execution. Regarding what you wrote here, sometimes you get what you pay for. :wink:

I can understand Connect, because he has been hit by bad order execution. However small a spread is, order execution is more important for day traders or scalpers. That’s why I for example use a ecn broker as well. I am glad to have the choice to pay commissions, because I have spreads of 0.5 til 1 pips most of the time. Saves ~ 0.8 pips on every trade what I can spend for commissions and that boils in my case down to LESS cost than you pay with the standard spread. Best of all I have a order execution below 1 second for ALL of my trades plus the other party of my trades has no conflict of interest, as EVERY market maker has. And no, I do not tell which ecn I am going with. I’m not here to promote anything. I just say an ecn is better to go with if order execution is more important than some peanuts by interest. :wink:

It’s not only Connect btw. who has issues with them:

OANDA | Oanda.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

Three stars are not that great. Might be that Oanda was fair in the past, but what I can read now that picture has changed. Be happy it’s still working for you! If a dealer sells coffee machines and 30% have issues, 70% of the customers might also be happy, but that doesn’t make it any better that a failure quote of 30% means it’s a “cheap” product. And, then I am sure it doesn’t help if one of the happy customers would belittle the one who has a problem with his machine.

Ok, sorry if came out thw way u think it did. OANDA doesn’t pay me anything fir mentioning them here or anywhere else. I just like them sort of like when asomebody likes a rock band or so. This company hasn’t done anything bad to me for which I should blame them, so in return I don’ mind mentioning rhem, unlike u or the other guy for instence. It feels like u are not as happy with ure ECN as u say, instead u guys are one of those types that say something against those who actually achieved something. Kind of like when some turned against Microsoft just for the sake of it and started to promote Linux instead od Windows… Oh and by the way did u know that Sive Morten from FPA is actually the one that used OANDA before he moved out drom NY to CA? I haven’t read his blog for a long time now. But is he also the one who is complaining about OANDA? I doubt cause they are actually the guys that go after the bad guys. Besides did any of u take out money from any of these ECN brokers? Did any of u actually payed ureselves? Cause whenever u want to take money out from OANDA they send u the check without any questions. As I said before, for me they work out fine. So why u want to tell me that someone else is better?

Ah u know what I have learnt throughout the years? That losers always complain and usually they are the only ones that do.

Oh, we have a lot of losers around here who promote Oanda as well. :smiley:

I can just speak for myself and not Connect, but I made money with even a market maker playing his tricks and I am more than happy with my switch to an ecn. :slight_smile:

You seem to be those who indeed are like those “groupies” who can’t accept the reality that their idol is not for everybody what they are for you. If you don’t get paid by your idol that makes it even worse, lol. I would never do that. :wink:

:slight_smile: Interestingly to me u seem like a loser ecn broker otherwise u really wouldn’t care which broker to use… Both u and connect are really pushing the negative propaganda against market-makers. :slight_smile: I for certain don’t care who u are or who u use. I just answered someones question here on the thread for which broker would one offer. Yet to that I see many of u jumping on my back for it. :slight_smile:
Well, anyway. Marry Christmas to Everyone on this thread and others! :slight_smile:

Oh sure, I am a losing ecn broker, lol. I wish I would be any broker, lol! Then I would know how to make BIG money, don’t worry! ROFLMAO!

I care to keep and grow my money. And, just for the record again, not anymore with a market maker who has in general a conflict of interest, because he is sitting at the other side of my trades. That’s by the way something which is basic knowledge in this business. No invention from my side.

You can for sure use what you believe is best! Don’t turn the facts now. Because YOU were the one who attacked Connected on his comments regarding his experience. With a lot of assumptions, with which you seem to operate a lot.

Merry christmas and all that to you as well, tho!

Etoro seems to be the top pick today. They are best recommended for newbies. These are the reasons why I’m using them.

1. They have a demo account.
  2. Minimum investment is only $50
  3. They have an OpenBook where you could track experienced traders in real time.

All things are difficult before they are easy.

IBFX, and they have a feature where you can track other traders trades. You also can do so at meetpips.com.

I use Traders way and FXCM and so far, both works fine for me. But as far as Etoro is concerned, their cs is a tad slow in responding to any tech related queries - not very happy about that or maybe it’s just a spillover from the new year bash-up.