Can someone explain this

Hello

I’ll hope someone can help me and tell me what happened in this situation.

I was short in EURUSD and suddenly it just moved up, triggered my stop order and then moved down again.

I’ve added to screen shots from the situation, one under and one after the situation.

Martin Schmidt

some might say that is stop hunting but it could also be that a big tier 1 or central bank wanted to drive price up so they can sell from a higher price. Maybe im crazy to say that but im sure it happens. Why not buy with 50 mill to drive price higher then sell 150 mil so you take a little hit but then you gain all that extra value? Just my conspiracy theory mind hard at work :wink:

I can’t see anything conclusion from the charts you have shown,
price today, 4th Nov has been generally up, so your TA was wrong for
a start.

Also take note of the nature of price action, peak & trough, price
action never travels in a straight line.

Forex Books for Beginners, Download Free Forex E-Books take note of “peaks and troughs” by Martin J.Pring.

Lastly was your stop loss too close?

unfortunatly you have been stop hunted, this is a regular occurance and i assume that your stop was far too tight, allow the trade to breathe some. As mentioned before the price never ever moves in a straight line, just one of the less fun parts of trading. ; )

You weren’t stophunted. I checked my charts with both my brokers and they show the same thing as yours. It’s just one of those things… It happens to us all every now and then.