MT4 - Memory Error

I couldn’t figure out where to post this question, but since I am a newbie I figured I would put it here.

I am getting an error that says this:

2008.12.02 08:41:43 HistoryBase: not enough memory ‘EURUSD1’ [3447750 bars]
2008.12.02 08:42:14 Memory handler: cannot allocate 151712308 bytes of memory

It was working perfectly up until this morning and now I can’t get it to update. Any ideas?

I don’t know if this is a MT4 issue or pc issue. It appears that I have enough memory though. I did have 2 MT4’s open with 7 charts open between the 2. I thought that might be the issue so I closed the other MT4 and all charts except the EUR/USD M1 that I am having problems with.

Thanks,
Jeff

Well try this, reinstalling the MT4, maybe there’s an error with the files or some files are missing. If not this might be a problem with the RAM of your pc. Perhaps you’re running several programs at the same time with the MT4. Try jus using the MT4 and see what happens.

hi omalljd…this is the first time i hear about an issue like this one. as far as i know, it is not supposed to be a malfunction of your pc, cause the MT4 is not that big to slow down your computer, cause the usage of the RAM memory should be minimum. i suggest you to re install it, maybe it could work well…

I did reinstall the MT4 and that solved the issue. It started after I did some back testing last night. Hopefully that won’t happen again.:eek:

Jeff

This happens whenever MT4 reaches 1GB of memory usage. See more information here - Memory handler errors in MT4 while importing history files or csv files | Jeremy Whittaker