Where to start

I have finished the learning chapters and want to do demo trading, but not sure where and how to start. I read the “So You’ve Finished The School Of Pipsology…Now What” , but it does not say where or how to download the required software. I hear that I need to have the MT4 downloaded, but there are no links to it. Could any one let me know what to dows load and where they are.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many Brokers handle the platform MT4, you can search in google or yahoo and you were finding them.

I have an live account in Alpari, they have MT4, but they are not the only ones, ODL and FXPro have MT4 too.

Hi there, yes the MT4 is the “standard” platform used for currencies trading. However there are others, hence Core Option and Ikon Platinum. They also offer currencies plus some other things, like options. And each platform has a different handling. Now I see you’re looking for a broker, search for them over the web, read carefully about each one you would like to start with and then choose the one that suits more your trading style.

You got it, Ikon platinum has worked for as the best platform ever. I had lots of troubles before about execution, and now are gone. It has also given to me the opportunity to trade some other pairs I didn’t even think they existed. Lol

Thanks friends for your valuable suggessions. Much appreciated.

During these past days I’ve been wondering with that theme. Which is the platform that is like the wisest choice during this economical crisis? Ikon handles more currencies and Core, well…it handles options. How do we know that working with the MT4 is the thing to go for? The fact that everyone recommends it makes it the best?

I guess talking in terms of economical crisis the wisest option would the one with faster execution, that along with your trading skills allow you to forecast a trend so you can take actions inmediately before losing all your pips. But if we are talking about what is less risky I guess trading options would be the answer.

And why is that, I’ve seen some posts like yours, stating that trading options is much more safe than currency trading. But what makes options safer, aren’t they like a type of long term trade. Something like that can also be done with the pairs.

Doe’s anybody survive the impressive rally due to the rescue of the automaker’s bailout and the negative of the Senate

I don’t

I have a long position in USD/JPY, then go to the Movie and when I back my account is in $ 1.98

BIG MISTAKE I don’t have a S & L.

Regards

You said it, BIG MISTAKE. You can trade long using your S/L or just keep an eye on the chart while you check the price and spend all your trade in front of the computer. Now we can’t afford making mistakes this rally will take your shirt if you are not focused.

Shell25

Yes. You are correct.

I buy 1 Lot USD/JPY in 91.55 and when I off the computer this pair are in 91.70 and I put a Take Profit in 92.05 and forget the automakers bailout and his discusion in the Senate.

One lesson more (with pain), about S & L.

Regards.

I guess those are the lesson you better remember, the ones you acquired through the pain of losing your money. lol. You don’t necessarily need to set a S/L though you better do it if you’re not used to analyze the price.

oh my peeps, cannot you remember the simplest of tradings rules — [B]WHAT GOES UP (or down) WILL COME BACK DOWN (or up) AGAIN ? (usually by at least 50%)[/B]
of course i was long just before the news, as that was and still is the major trend ---- but pay some attention to your charts and realize that forex ALWAYS wants to return to trend, so if your prices went sky high, they shall come right BACK to the point they would have reached at this time, if there had been NO sudden deviation.

I still hold my long since i was NOT stopped out cause i dont use sl’s, and it shall come to roost in a few days, even if i need to average down to assist it !

NOT ASKING YOU TO DO THIS AT ALL, but as you go forward and learn, start to WATCH HOW THE MARKET ACTS, and you will then be able to turn what appears to be losers into profit !

enjoy and trade well and down the road you will find yourself trading DIFFERENTLY than now !

mp

[B][I]Within the great hall at Elfinore stands a wondrous coffer, precisely four cubits square and securely latched against the outside world. Inside that repository, shut away from impertinent eyes, abides many an intriquing trading secret garnered from around the world and over the ages !

As a child, i used to watch from the darkness as the secrets were debated and annotated by the elders. No one there held a single thought of my presence – BUT I KNOW WHERE THEY HID THE KEY !! [/I][/B]

Exactly I wouldn’t say it better. Eventually experience will lead you to avoid mistakes. You will recognize opportunities and also develop your instinct to know when to leave a trade.

Hello everyone, I am new in this forum as well as in Forex trading, I have been so excited for learning about it and this school of psychology has been very helpful for me, but I have a doubt now, why should I use the MT4, because according to my readings and comments everywhere this demo is very used but I just want to know why? which are its positive things?. I trust in the experiences more than in the theories� Thanks for any help

the MT4 platform is the MOST used of all forex trading platforms but is not the ONLY one !

most “brokers” use the MT4 platform for a number of reasons with a prime reason being they can see easily what you are doing, what strategy you are using and generally, because its a russian software, it reports BACK to a small room in the old KGB headquarters, telling Putin exactly WHAT you are doing.

there are ECN’s (electronic communication networks) where you trade directly against a ton of retail traders (and brokers) and are “considered” to be superior to trading the MT4 platform, although the reality of the situation is that they are really no better when everything is examined !

with MT4, you get free charting and hundreds of “robots” and specialized indicators, because of the ease of programming and popularity ! The MT4 platform also allows you to HEDGE, which should be of NO interest to you presently, but may become a VERY important part of your trading style down the road ~!

but understand that NONE of this is of ANY importance to you at this point ---- learn from this site, work with an MT4 demo BUT USE ONLY THE AMOUNT OF EQUITY THAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY HAVE FOR REAL TRADING, as a newb with a $50K account is fooling themselves while using it.

If you only have $500 to open a REAL account, then demo only a $500 account and while demoing, do NOT be afraid of blowing it up — THATS the ONLY way to LEARN !

it takes far longer than you would wish to learn this game, because this is a whole new world, with its own culture and rules, and like any other “new world experience” only a very very few can progress at speeds faster than average !

but in the end, its a great life and an unbelievably simple way of earning a very good living, providing trophy wives, yachts, mansions and kids who become spoiled brats !

LOL

enjoy and trade well

mp

[B][I]Within the great hall at Elfinore stands a wondrous coffer, precisely four cubits square and securely latched against the outside world. Inside that repository, shut away from impertinent eyes, abides many an intriquing trading secret garnered from around the world and over the ages !

As a child, i used to watch from the darkness as the secrets were debated and annotated by the elders. No one there held a single thought of my presence – BUT I KNOW WHERE THEY HID THE KEY !! [/I][/B]

I guess MT4 is the most used platforms because of the charting and the good tools as indicators, though you should know there are some other platform that offers even better charting, better response and even more pairs. And as everything in trading you should compare so you finally stick to what suits your strategy. Check e-toro or Ikon platinum.

Did you find the demo? I was searching and found different platforms: MT4 always to forex but Ikon, Core and Futures platforms are also available

I�ve been trading only forex but commodities are interesting

I really appreciate your suggestions, you are very kind people. Although you makes me aware about the long process which I�m going to be involved sounds exciting the way you show the information in here, the view you have definitely is different when you are an expert. Conclusion, I�m gonna try with MT4 and open my account in there because I want to get the way to earn a good living as you said. LOL. Thanks again for your suggestions� :wink:

Thank you too for the suggestion, this makes me open my view in this new world and makes me feel I�m going in the right way so thks again.