Best way to find a mentor

I have been studying the Forex market for about 2 months now and realize that I still know very little. I read everything I can on this website as well many others. Sometimes it is tough to weed through what is real and what isn’t.

The question I have is in regards to having a mentor. What is the best way to find a mentor? I am semi-retired and have as much time as needed to learn. My goal is to be able to trade a portion of my investable assets. I am willing to pay the right person for this service.

Any ideas or thoughts? I live in the Phoenix area. I’m hoping for some ideas because all I have found are ea’s, ebooks, etc, and what I want is to find a professional trader that is willing to take on a student.

Jeff

Have you read some reviews about companies does that for you? I know you have worked for those assets and don�t want to lose them all in first day, but there are companies doing this all the time, they can advice you.

Well I’ve never considered the idea of having a mentor that would help me through the learning process. Now that ask about it, I think you should by consulting your broker, they might have some good advices, who knows maybe a staff member of the company might become your mentor.

Hi omalljd,

Just to let you know I struggled getting a handle on this stuff before I got myself a mentor and I’m really excited about my future know, I’m taking holiday’s soon and trading with a buddy (themandownunder) for about 3 weeks and we met through our mentor.

This guy was recommended to me so I went and had a chat with him and he interviewed me asking me a bunch of questions which I later found out he was taking notes on my strengths and weaknesses and I can tell you trading has not only given me a sense of freedom but it has with this guy’s coaching starting to transform my life.

So I think the best way to get a mentor is find one that has a good reputation and then meet with them and see if you can work with them.

PS

Be prepared to be tested not just with learning about the market but with learning how you work (that being yourself).

Risingthree

Hi jeff. I�m new in this forum, but I have some experience in fx market. I�ve never had a mentor in person, what I�ve had is courage to do it by myself. I started reading in this website because is really understandable and is an easy way to start on. There are also free platforms to get experience, to prove strategies and by the way, try indicators to use and stuff like that. Get a demo account and you�ll see that the best way to go on this market is personal. Fundamental and technical analysis, from my experience, both of them are really useful, it means: understand indicators, keep informed about economy� then, start proving strategies
Hope to help you, adelin.