Anyone making a living?

I am absolutely new and this is definately a newbie question. Is anyone making their living with forex alone? I’d appreciate any information anyone can give me on the realities of forex.

ah johnnie — was there not a day when you asked the same question ??

the answer is - - - - - YES, you can make a rather fine living on forex alone, but how long and how much is within you alone !

you have entered a new world, with new cultures and rules and evil human land sharks BUT it aint that bad !

youre on the right site to learn, so go to it laddie — expect your training to take approximately a year, which should put you at a decent point in your using your demo.

btw, PLEASE dont open a 50K demo if you only have $500 to trade — simply open a $500 demo and be honest to yourself !

each day you will learn the answer to some question that was a blank to you, and while sleeping with a book under your pillow works for some, just putting one foot in front of the other, each and every day, will soon get you to where you want to go.

enjoy and trade well

mp

I know the “anyone” but not me… and he tells me to use only 1 system, risk/reward must be at least 1:2, always have and respect your stop loss and never risk more than 2% of your account size. He’s earning around $3000 per month while working a fulltime job.

Hiya,

I’m new to the boards but not to forex trading, mp6140 hit the nail on the head, it’s is possible to make a full time living from Forex. Though you do take gambles and can loose a lot too, recently with the economic going a bit tits up you may find it a little harder.

we don�t have to be rude with any other people, so be nice, there are so many newbies in fx and in the forums, so please, be patience and help other, some day other person made the same for you.
I have a job different as Forex, but Ive heard about this can be the best market to make the job of your live.

1 Like

LOL – i would imagine that a position where the “t–s” are UP would be rather enjoyable

actually, the recent developments have simply made for better trading IMHO !

mp

I’ve just read about two people who actually live from only trading at forex, however they told me that they had to spent a lot of time in demo trading and building up different type of strategies before they could actually quit their jobs and only trade to make for a living.

very solid and very conservative advice, which translates into “good !”

down the road comes the experiments, but right now comes the learning and getting ONE thing down correctly.
\

enjoy and trade well

mp

Hi I’m not making a living as yet but I plan to be earning a living from FX from March next year, but to anwser your question my friend who unfortunatley does not post on this site makes his living off FX trading, I don’t know how much he makes but I know its a lot and when I have asked he smiles and say’s “it’s not how much I make that you should be concentrating on but what is the next lesson you need to master in order to accomplish your own goals”.

cheers

Themandownunder

Thanks, I’d been reading your posts recently. Mostly I cannot grasp, because, you know, I am not knowledgeable enough, but the thing that I can grasp, that is what very very involved within me (in the past was the hardest lesson for me), is that you said that the trending of the market, the way market trends in direction. For me “If the price wants to go up, it is stubborn to go up! If the price wants to go down, it is stubborn to go down! There is no term of ‘overbought’, there is no term of ‘oversold’.” And seeing some of your chart is, though, not something very new to me. It is that the price, price moves in WAVES. I, actually have no interest at all about wave for the very very first time I knew it in the Forex arena, but because the loss I cannot accept I’d experienced it, I changed.

" A persons potential is almost limitless in this world and the Forex is a trading art which will have you delve into your inner most thoughts and intimacies and help you tap and develop your potential at one of the fastest paces possible.

You will not only better yourself as a trader, but as a person, a brother, a parent and a contributing member to your society.

If a man could conquer himself, he could conquer anyone and the world. With time the FX will teach you nothing less than just that. "

May you enjoy and trade well, “master of the universe” and the “space/time continuam”. :slight_smile:

I agree with that, I don�t what the point of having a �Newbie Island� forum is, if newbies are gonna be welcomed like that. Anyway, I am somewhat new and still not living out of FX alone, I have made a good profit, but if I plan to take this seriously I have to be prepared to lose it as well, so I keep a part time job.

I am new in this so I can�t talk about my own experience, the reason to be here is because I have seen how some people are making a living from trading. Without spending too much time on that, obviously now they have a very good experience on trading but I think that at the very beginning is kind of difficult to make a life just by this way. Maybe I am wrong.:slight_smile:

I have been a long time trader (options) and am excited about stumbling upon forex. I have successfully used systems to trade for the majority of my career, so I feel it is very possible to make a living trading forex, especially giving the liquidity of the market.

I have just started live trading with Avonko Elite and am excited about transferring the results I have seen in my demo account over to real money.

I think it is very possible to make a living trading currency - personally though, I’m not ready to quit my day job, so to speak, and dive in head first. That’s why I love automated systems - they allow you to set parameters and trade without actually requiring you to be present for all of the minute by minute decisions that inexperienced humans are liable to screw up anyways.

Hope that rant makes some sense?

although I dont make a living off forex , I know its possible , at least a decent side income . Id do like they say , open a demo with only 500 , because when they give you 50,000 , its not in any way realistic . And go thru the school and all the threads , I started with "the joy of candle stick trading " and read the whole thing , theres so many questions asked in there and evolving that method i got thru it with a good insight on things . But try all the methods and see which one seems to fit you better , then you will see for your self after alot of demo trading how you are going to do . I know this isnt for everyone tho , i tried stocks for a year , and i was kinda lost most the time . So im having a better time with this so far .

Good luck ! , and welcome !

Never had met anyone, I guess if there exists anyone they already abandoned the forums and just dedicate to practice forex trading. However I guess that being able to do such a thing requires a lot of study and trading. Having almost a perfect trading strategy.

Anyway that�s the goal of all traders don�t you think? Also in a short period of time maybe 5 or 6 years
Not be retired here but to enjoy the profits to have better and exciting life

give it a bunch of time, stir in a dollup of common sense and a normal IQ, stir slowly and down the road you can also enjoy the fruits of your labors as so many do

BUT first comes the learning, and it will take much longer than you can imagine, like a year to [B]begin[/B] being ready.

read and internalize EVERYTHING you can get your hands on and slowly everything will begin to make sense — open a demo account WITH NO MORE THAN YOU WILL HAVE IN EQUITY WHEN YOU GO REAL, and dont worry if you blow 20 accounts — one learns far better from mistakes than from good trades !

Remember, this is a whole new world, with a new culture, rules, language and its own form of predators, but you can easily learn to earn as much as you are capable of earning – just time and experience and patience !

I know of one woman who was consistently losing, and even though she has a 9-5 at the moment, shes pulling $1000 a week out of the account, so its only a matter of time before she goes completely independent.

and Reggie, while weve never shaken hands, what i and my clients pull out of the fund cannot be considered oatmeal mush !

enjoy and trade well

mp

[B][I]Within the great hall at Elfinore stands a wondrous coffer, precisely four cubits square and securely latched against the outside world. Inside that repository, shut away from impertinent eyes, abides many an intriquing trading secret garnered from around the world and over the ages !

As a child, i used to watch from the darkness as the secrets were debated and annotated by the elders. No one there held a single thought of my presence – BUT I KNOW WHERE THEY HID THE KEY !! [/I][/B]

Please read this without taking a breath: It is purposley a run-on sentence.

[B]I bet your the same guy that runs his mouth at the bar on Saturday then shows up to work on Monday mornings with two black eyes and a fat lip to serve a number 3 with an extra hashbrown and a black coffee to themyelinsheath while hes on his way to run a nice little company that makes him enough money so he can afford to go through that drive-through every morning so you can keep your job and pay for that internet access that provides the opportunity to post stupid comments like this. Have a great day.[/B]

As far as the question that was asked, I personally do not know anyone who makes a fulltime living from Forex, although I make enough every week to be able to pay for vacations and x-mas presents. As well as a little money left over to go to the bar on Saturday nights and,well you know the rest. Ha Ha

You’re absolutely right. You can’t expect to become part of Forex world and to be making off for living. Discipline and practice will lead you to gain some considerable profits which won’t guarantee either that it will happen again. So I guess if you get to live off by your gains, let us know your strategy.

Hehehe I hope to have a good strategy soon, thanks for your response, so there is still a long way to be walked in order to make a living just by Forex trading, in fact if market is so changeable would you really trust on it as a living chance?.. definitely without experience and discipline there is any guarantee cause there is not confidence either.