Merry Christmas!

On behalf of the BabyPips Team,

I would just like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and happy holidays! I hope everyone has been able to spend time with their families and enjoy some quality time. Keep safe and hopefully we do some crazy pippin in the coming year!

-PipDiddy

Merry Xmas to you & your loved ones also, PipDiddy!

Wishing all a Happy & prosperous New Year!

GPipster

It’s CHRISTmas not Xmas. If you can’t say christmas don’t say it at all, it’s insulting to the people who celebrate the holiday for it’s religeous intent.

If you are trying not to offend idoits that take offence to hearing, “merry christmas,” because they worship something else or are atheist, then don’t wish them a happy anything. They are choosing not to observe the holiday anyways.

X is actually a Greek abbreviation for Christ.

Even so, because now days X is used for censoring the objectionable, using it in place of Christ is highly offensive.
If they would just use a cross instead of an X then I would not have a problem with it because it would be clear as to the intent.

It was definitely not my intent to offend anyone, especially when one realizes the meaning of the Christmas season. I was only using “X” as an abbreviation as so many have for countless years!

I guess the Christmas should be with a capital “C” but Pheonix I will not flame you for your misspellings. Also religeous is spelled “religious”

I am a devoted Catholic & enjoy celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ each & every year.

It is very sad that our society wants to rip someone apart for something they misunderstood. When one was only trying to wish a Merry [B]Christ[/B]mas to you & your loved ones also,

Wishing all a Happy & prosperous New Year!"

May we have Peace & Joy in our multi cultural world.

GPipster

…and the same to you and the team, PD. Here’s to putting this year behind us and looking forward to some positivity and prosperity for all in 2009.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas break!

and a Happy New Year to all! 2009 can be your year of great fortune, and at the very least you will earn great experience towards your goals. You would be amazed at what one year of live trading can do for your confidence and skill level :slight_smile:

Yes, Merry Christmas, and let us all have a
HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

It’s offensvie, you dolt, because X is x’ing out the CHRIST in Christmas. It’s offensive for the same reason I and others find it offensive when schools and stores try to make saying merry CHRISTmas against the rules, because it might offend someone not of that religeon, even though it’s a religeous holiday.

You are a retard, I’ve noticed the only time you post is when you feel the need to call someone a moron, or some other name. It always seems in a vain effort to prove your superiority.

No, we don’t have to tippy toe around christians or catholics, it’s considered PC to attack them, it’s all other religeons that have to be tippy toed around.

I would like to take the time to use the words of the individual who posted just before me.

This is a forum about trading. If you truely find yourself offended, stop reading and please, PLEASE, stop sullying what is left of your reputation as a capitalist, (and if you weren’t, you wouldn’t be trading), and keep your opinions closer to your heart.

We are all here to make money and share well wishes and experiences with one another, Thus the term “forum”. Can’t we, for the sake of a commonality in the potential we all see in the forex market, atleast have respect enough for one another to keep our negative opinions to ourselves and see that the sooner we help eachother the better off we all will be?

I’m sure in the greater scheme of things, we have 2 eyes and 2 ears and only one mouth for good reason. If we were to watch and listen twice as much as we rant about nothing, we might just succeed.

Good luck and good pippin.

Chubs

HERE, in this USA which is an offshoot of the Anglo Saxon culture and traditions, the “majority” celebrate CHRIST MASS, but many forget(or never knew) that this holiday comes from the beginning of recorded history and is a celebration of the winter solstice and the new year and NOT the utter domain of Christians — it was adopted from the “pagan” (whats wrong with pagan ?) winter solstice holidays, which included the Roman “feast of dionysus” because the christians needed to replace the “pagan” holiday they had removed from everyones social schedule for the year !

considering the doubt cast on the birthdate of Jesus, any defense of the date, done with anger, is completely inappropriate and probably downright WRONG !

while i could go on for a short book as this is my birthday and a date i have studied for many a year with interest, this link will explain it faster than my usual overblown manner !

celebrate WHO or WHAT you may wish to worship during this time, but NEVER impose YOUR definition on others Phoenix, because you may just find out you only own a very small portion of the truth (Christianity is NOT the only religion in the world, and NO – fundamentalist christians are NOT correct in the foolish belief that they ONLY have the word !

try this for a primer worthy of this site

Christmas on the Net - The History of Christmas

enjoy and trade well
and cut the world some slack Phoenix

mp

[B][I]If a mans only tool is a hammer, he tends to see every problem as a nail[/I][/B] – Abraham Maslow

Happy Birthday, MP!

And Happy (belated) Winter Solstice!

Lol, are you trying to start a religious war on a Forex site?

As far as Christians are concerned we look to the passages:

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God…
And “the word” became flesh (Jesus Christ/God) and dwelt among us…

Christian means believer in Christ (the word) and since there is only ONE GOD there is only ONE WORD and the word is not a part of any other religion.

NO WARS !!

i seek truth and i find it it many places, including some forex sites !

what you say is perfectly good for Christians, and not to be argued by myself, BUT you aint the only religion in this world and words alone do not make a statement TRUE !

its FAITH that makes the words TRUE TO YOU and i will NEVER argue a persons faith because its THEIR faith and not necessarily mine, but i believe in George Burns message in “Oh G-D” (actually it was the writers message, but George was a great G-D !), which was a simple "G-D is simply G-D and he/she/it belongs to EVERYONE as they see fit, and NOT to any particlar group or preacher or priest !

btw, do ya know why they are called “priests” ? (anyone can figure out “preacher” after all !

cause the early christian church was Jewish (remember ?) and the muckety mucks were called “priests” and after Constantine created “the one true church”, the Jews were thrown out of the church which is also the beginnings of anti - semitism and why it was SO intense – it was propagated by the devoted and loving powers that be behind the Church of Rome !

just a note that can be verified by historical text !

my opinions, of course !

mp

Whether you call your security blanket “Binky” or “Banky” is of no real consequence. It does the job either way!

[B]And[/B] (no offence to those who don’t like it when someone starts a sentence with “And” :p) then there’s this movie on the matter…

Zeitgeist - The Movie

I don’t find “XMAS” insulting…it’s a forum, we all abbreviate…IMHO…LOL…ROTFLMFAO…OMG…G2G…CYA

:smiley:

Happy BDay MP!

Come on guys, let’s keep the season cheer! No reason to argue on something that’s meant to spread happiness…:smiley: Happy Pippin!