FOREX Books/Info

I am currently in location with a crummy internet connection. I can barely open any charts, or trade with a demo account.:mad: So I would like to take this time to learn more about FOREX. Any suggestions for FOREX edcuation would be appreciated. I have already read the babypips school.
Thanks.

The next thumbnail under “Newbie Island” is called “Forex Town”. After clicking on it, you will find “PipCrawler’s favorite books…”. By all means, check it out.

Welcome to babypips, and, as always,
Good luck and good pippin.

Chubs

There is a wealth of info to be gained from these forums, but nothing beats a good book.

The sub forum beneath the newbie island is called forextown.

The second sticky down is pipcrawlers book thread. Some great books there!

My two favourite books are not forex specific - but will give the best insights into trading that you’ll need (in my opinion).

First is ‘memoirs of a stock operator’ and the second is ‘trading in the zone’ (by mark douglas). Read them, and see your game improve no end!

edit - Added author

Trading in the Zone is essential, the Mark Douglas one that is (there are two books with that name). Currently I am enjoying Enhancing Trader Performance by Brett N. Steenbarger. I read his last book, The Psychology of Trading, and it was great, but this one is has lots more practical information. Nothing has served me better than to realize there is much I don’t know, and immerse myself in the literature.

Trading In The Zone is a great book. I would also suggest Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, 2nd Edition by Steve Nison. If you are going to trade off candlesticks this book is a must. Someone feel free to jump in if there is a better candlestick book out there now.

I had a feeling that my question would be right in front of me.
Thanks for the responses anyways!
My friend just gave me Trading in the Zone so that will be the first one I read. I have also acquired Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, but it is a first edition. I am definately intrested in candlestick charts.
Thanks again.

Another wonderful book is “Reminiscences of a Stock Operator” by Edwin Lefevre (actually Jesse Livermore), this is a thinly veiled autobiography by Livermore himself. One of the greatest traders of all time, but alas, in the end committed suicide. It contains lots of trader psychology and tips, plus it really is a great read. Livermore made and lost a fortune several times. Wiley publishing had a special collectors edition in leather several years ago ($150) if you are interested in searching one of those out otherwise Amazon has it.

Another book was “Trading Secrets” by Foster Wynans. It is just a compelling read about a crooked broker in 1985-86 who traded off of Wynans tips. Wynan was the writer for the Wall Street Journals “Heard on the Street” column and would tell the broker (who idolized and tried to emulate Livermore) what would be printed in the Heard column in the coming days. The broker would subsequently trade the stock before the article came out. I realize it’s not Forex but some of the psychology crosses over in trading.

-Rob54-

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/17224-pipcrawlers-favorite-trading-books.html

That is the direct link to “Pipcrawlers Favorite Books”.

There is a wealth of information there.

Other than that, you’ve come to the right place. Go through our school because it’s basically one big book on beginning your Forex trading journey!

Happy trading!

I enjoyed �Bird Watching in Lion Country� by Dirk du Toit a lot; you can download it for free somewhere.

Hi just check my new thread. I’ll share 70 files ebook and journal forex related…

Hope its useful for you…

Definitely check out stuff by ICT (Inner Circle Trader) in the forum - it is top notch and free!

For paid stuff:

• I’d recommend Larry Pesavento, if you are interested in getting into harmonics
  • Chris Lori - his Pro Traders Club course is not that expensive and is really thorough
  • Larry Williams for COT stuff
  • Raghee Horner’s books (I find that she isn’t always great at describing in her books, so I’d recommend going to YouTube. She has something called Super Saturday where she basically takes four hours to outline her technique and it’s great! Plus, it’s free!)
  • Mark Douglas is a must (both Trading in the Zone and The Disciplined Trader)
  • Technical Analysis by Edwards and Magee is great way for learning about indicators (and then choosing something that suits your trading style)
  • Steve Nison’s Candlestick books (although the School of Forexology does a great job covering this)
  • Carolyn Boroden’s “How to Master the Time and Price Advantage”
  • Trading for a Living by Alexander Elder.

Except for Chris Lori, you can find most of this stuff at a library local to you (except maybe Williams).