Order Too Close To Market?

Hi Guys,

First of all, a picture is worth a thousand words, so please check out the pic. Note the area within the red circle.

The price spiked above my take profit and my trade did not close. I tried closing it manually and got the error:

“Modification denied. Order too close to market.”

My question is, why would it not close and what does this error actually mean?

FYI, I opened this buy using a script that I have created. The settings to open the trade were:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,LotSize,Ask,3,StopLoss,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,TraderNameIntnl,OrderMagic,0,Green);

LotSize = 0.07
Slippage = 3
StopLoss = 750 pips
TakeProfit = 10 pips

If you require any other info, just ask.

Thanks,

Vitali.

first off youve got a legitimate beef with your broker about ignoring your tp, so go at it !

the error message is something ive spoken about a number of times, but this will be the first time someone’s complained so i have an example to play with.

all brokers have a MINIMUM number of pips away from the market price where you can change your tp — this is pretty standard with some being a very small number and some being a much larger number (to prevent scalping is the first thing that comes to mind)

[B]
YOU SHOULD ONLY SEE THIS ERROR MESSAGE when trying to change your tp point, and NEVER when trying to exit the trade ![/B]

therefore, on both counts, youve got a legitimate complaint with your broker and they should make your trade good !

mp

Thanks MP for your reply. That’s very interesting.

I must say, this isn’t the first time this has happened. It happens on a daily basis, I have just been grinning and bearing it for now waiting for the price to go that extra pip further, where it WILL actually close.

I will email my broker and keep you updated. Thanks for your advice.

Who’s your broker?

IDR,

Forex Metal

CALL the broker and ask to speak with their COMPLIANCE DEPT MANAGER

there is no reason for that warning to appear if you are simply trying to exit a position except that theyre throwing up a smoke screen

mp

Just to update you on this. The trade in question has today been corrected by our broker.

:slight_smile:

n I C E ! !

I have on many occasions tried closeing an order and get the (to close to market) message…I have a t/p and a stop lose…i wrote to broker and he said i should not use a t/p or s/l and order should go threw no problem …what an advice…

1 Like