Losing Money with Forex - What's The Problem?

Trading forex is not a common or usual activity. And so, our approach must also be unusual. The solution is to change our psychology, or, how we think about trading forex. This will not only have to do with our emotions but also it will have to do with understanding what is actually happening in the currency market. We know exactly what situations we encounter on the road when we drive, and we know exactly what we have to do to get paid, when we are at work. We feel comfortable about these things and we even succeed at doing them. In fact, we are comfortable about doing those things because we know exactly what it takes to succeed at them.

And so, to become successful at trading forex, we must, in the same way, become comfortable with it. This means we must make it clear to ourselves what it takes to start making money with forex. What are the things we shouldn’t do under any circumstances? What are the things that we should not consider as mistakes, even if doing those things decreases…

…continue reading this article at:
Losing Money with Forex - What’s The Problem?

Interesting site…thanks

Losing money ultimately stems from a poor trading plan, everything else is kind of a sub set of this, for example,

Poorly funded account
Not taking a loss
Being unsure when to take a profit
Poor execution/entry

Ultimately stressing the trader out and leading to poor profits.

Good observations, BeerMonster. But also, all is encapsulated by the amount of experience and knowledge a trader has. And sometimes, an excellent trader still executes a trade poorly.

Indeed they do, but I would guess the excellent trader would know when to quit for the day. Something most of us learn the hard way

I decided to not worry about losing trades at all, since I know I will not lose %2 of my account on any trade. I am more worried of my winning trades not making enough!

Ha! :smiley: That’s exactly what I worry about these days!

Obviously someone is making money with proper money management, but who?

Any trader who uses the Fundamental rules of the Money management will be able to get the success.

This is a known fact in the business of Forex.

once you get a good system, the problems go away

loosing is not strange in forex but continuous loss is alarming for you that you need certain level of skill in trading where can enter market at right time exit correctly and use your amount in wise manner . It will help you to minimize losses , will bring some profit amount.

No they don’t.

You can have a system that wins 90% of the time ans still lose money.

Yes always beware about any possibility of loss worst condition , cause the market not we had. We just partcipate to buy or sell currency in risky market so the any holygrail system or any best strategy will have the possibility of loss though low in percentage

Losing money is something which nobody wants.
But newbies at forex tends lose money.

Lost often caused by poor plan, bad mind, knowledge shortage, and bad luck sometime. Reconsider trading history and meanwhile take part in discussion with other traders to get new perspective.

Lost often caused by poor plan, bad mind, knowledge shortage, and bad luck sometime. Reconsider trading history and meanwhile take part in discussion with other traders to get new perspective.

Having positive experience can help in improving your trading if used properly limiting losing trades.

Yes all trader who do this business at early have loss experiences , no matter the trader background (graduates, diploma, doctorate or hgher ) they will face same result at firstly , they loss they first investment

Hi guys , interesting thread