Become An Honorary Member Of The FX-MEN - Page 14
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jm4769 View Post
    I'm a Newbie. Hi everyone. When reading through all the Forum comments, it seemed that at least one or more Newbie did not read on how to become an "Honorary FX-MEN Member". Here is what they should have read from babypips.com:

Moving Up In Ranks

There are 2 ways you can become an Honorary Member of the FX-MEN:

1) For every good post we see (whether its a good contribution or answer), we will "bestow" upon you reputation points. You will get 10 points for each answer we think provides value to the community. There are different ranks you will achieve as you accumulate reputation points but once you have 600 points, you will receive the title, "Honorary FX-MEN Member". Users with this title will have the BabyPips.com blessing and will be regarded as valuable contributors to this community. Basically, you will be the shiznit!
    Hmm... I've yet to see a 10 point answer... but perhaps that says more about the quality of my posts.

Correct me if Im wrong but it seems you get 1 point for each post regardless of content? And the Honorary Member status is bestowed at 1000 posts. A few more mediocre posts then.

yeah it surprised me when I got it at 1000 posts, I wasn't even paying attention.

I think the whole points thing was dropped (too much effort to admin maybe?). Now it's just 1000 posts and as some members have proven, not a single one has to contain any value!

Quote Originally Posted by MattW2009 View Post
    I think the whole points thing was dropped (too much effort to admin maybe?). Now it's just 1000 posts and as some members have proven, not a single one has to contain any value!
    Matt

Interesting answer... to whom are you refering?

Just kidding... I see most of the 1000 plus club have developed into pretty good traders and contributed to BP. Dont think you can remain on BP that long and not pick up some solid advise.
    Last edited by R Carter; 12-22-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R Carter View Post
    Matt

Interesting answer... to whom are you refering?

Just kidding... I see most of the 1000 plus club have developed into pretty good traders and contributed to BP. Dont think you can remain on BP that long and not pick up some solid advise.
    Most of those who are full of hot air have been banned and removed from the list but you do still get the odd prolific poster (10+ per day average) with nothing valuable to say. Interestingly their username is often banned on another well-known forum...

You're right, most of them are indeed full of useful information - it's just a shame that some are no longer around to share it! I sure hope you do as I've found your posts and experience to be a great help to me, even if I've only lurked where you've been posting!

xtraction is offline Banned Master Contributor and Member
    I concur. You really hit the nail on the head.

Most of those who are full of hot air have been banned and removed from the list but you do still get the odd prolific poster (10+ per day average) with nothing valuable to say. Interestingly their username is often banned on another well-known forum...

You're right, most of them are indeed full of useful information - it's just a shame that some are no longer around to share it! I sure hope you do as I've found your posts and experience to be a great help to me, even if I've only lurked where you've been posting!
    Thanks Matt... just when I was thinking of bugging out too. I thought youre reflective trading thread (sorry cant recall the title) was one of the best posts I've ever seen on BP. An outstanding and well considered piece and not a hint of ego just solid experience. You should post a link here... we can all take away something of value from that post... I know I did.

Quote Originally Posted by R Carter View Post
    ...You should post a link here... we can all take away something of value from that post... I know I did.
    I'm more than happy to shamelessly plug my thread No trades recently due to the low liquidity of December but I'll be back posting charts in the New Year.

Dead Pips

So if you dont have the best advice all the time then do you say nothing? I reckon just quote someone if you agree or disagree... this will at least help gauge the sentiment related to a topic.

Quote Originally Posted by willsmith View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I've just completed the forex online course and found that it was very easy to follow.Will be revising the whole course again before trying my hand at the free Demo.You guys at School of Pipsology did a great job.
    Thanks!!
    Yeah, the online courses are really good. I've read them twice by now and still think I didn't get enough.

Best Regards,
    Matt Jones .

Forum Sponsors