Become An Honorary Member Of The FX-MEN

Gain points in this board?? Why concentrate on that when you should be looking to learn what you can?? I am assuming you are fairly new as it is your first post, but points will come as you reply to other posts with good information as mentioned in the first post on this thread. I think its a fair system in all. Why be considered a higher status unless you have been around the traps and shown that advice etc should be taken with an amount of authority. I hope to get that sort of status as well at some stage, but I also hope that it comes with the respect of others here with me passing on what I know to others who would like to hear what I have to say.
Just my opinion

I would like to sign up to become a member of the FX-Men. Does this email start the calculator going for the 600 points I need to attain honorary member status. I’m very impressed with the overall quality of the babypips site, the vast amount of incredible information that is so easily shared, etc. This site significantly adds to the FX experience and fun IMO.

I just sign up today… by reading few thread so far, I think this is going to be great! I don’t really mind the offer of 600 points or 1000 post to become a member of Hononary FX-Men. If I could help whenever I can ,in the future, with other fellow trader, its good enough for me… Thank you for creating this kind of community…I am very excited to become part it!

Is there a way to find out how many points we’ve accumulated so far / how far from honorary fx men status one is.

To be honest, should there be the motivation here to just be an Honorary fx man? Yes, it will be fantastic to have that honor bestowed on us when the time is appropriate, however, it shouldn’t be a tick and flick type thing. Personally, that status to me says that a person has been fx’ing for some time and what they say should be listened to as they would have something useful to say. In saying that, if a person were to get to 1000 posts, I wouldn’t think they should be automatically bestowed that honor. It should be due to the valuable nature of their posts and the knowledge they pass on in their posts. Just hang around on here and learn what you can, put it into practice, make it work for you and pass your knowledge on to others.
I have been here over a year, and have posted quite a bit, but I wouldn’t care if I didn’t get that status for another 2 or 3 years. At least then people would listen to what I say as it would be proven stuff at that time. More valuable than serial posters, there just to accumulate posts.

Obviously, just my opinion :slight_smile:

I respect your opinion and agree to a degree, but curiosity is a normal thing. Every post I make is meant to either help me learn, be informative, or have entertainment value. The truth is that being a member of the FX-Men has a coolness factor, and I was wondering how far away I am, and in truth it is an honor that would be less cool if it were given out too easily. I don’t think that not having that status makes anyone’s posts less valuable though. Ideas do not necessitate a title for them to make sense.

Points do not apply now only posts.

Hi all,

ok, so the ‘[I]60 times 10 points for especially valuable content[/I]’ has been discontinued and ranks are awarded based on the number of contributions now. This is the (automated) system used by most forums.
What confuses me is:

Member ‘[B]NinjaTrader[/B]’: 4 posts / Newbie ([B]ok[/B])
Member ‘[B]ForexTales[/B]’: 8 posts / no rank ([B]huh?[/B])
Member ‘[B]PipNRoll[/B]’: 16 posts / Newbie ([B]ok[/B])
Member ‘[B]LearninToPimpPips[/B]’: 99 posts / Newbie ([B]ok[/B])
This leads me to believe that from having posted once to having posted 99 times, your rank is ‘Newbie’.
Then I see:
Member ‘[B]a65[/B]’: 65 posts / Junior Member ([B]huh?[/B])

Next:
Member ‘[B]piptronics[/B]’: 105 posts / Junior Member ([B]ok[/B])
Member ‘[B]PIPhanger[/B]’: 242 posts / Junior Member ([B]ok[/B])
Member ‘[B]PerchTird[/B]’: 299 posts / Junior Member ([B]ok[/B])
This leads me to believe that from having posted 101 times to having posted 299 times, your rank is ‘Junior Member’.
Then I see:
Member ‘[B]MattJones[/B]’: 185 posts / Senior Member ([B]huh?[/B])

Above Senior Member, there appear to be the ranks ‘Master Contributor and Member’ (from 500+ posts?) and ‘Superior Master Contributor and Member’ (from 750+ posts?) and finally the ‘FX-Men Honorary Member’ status (1000+ posts).

While the last three ranks are clearly defined, I wonder what the criteria for ‘Newbie’, ‘Junior Member’ and ‘Senior Member’ are (and is there a plain ‘Member’, between junior and senior somewhere?); does content quality, judged by Admins/Mods, somehow play into it?

If the rank/status/whateveryouwannacallit is defined by the number of posts, how can somebody having 99 posts be a ‘Newbie’ and somebody else having 65 posts be a ‘Junior Member’?
Likewise, how can somebody having 299 posts be a ‘Junior Member’ and somebody else having 185 posts be a ‘Senior Member’?

Don’t get me wrong please: this is not meant to be a ‘complaint’ … rank is irrelevant anyway; the important thing is how much you can learn here or how much of your knowledge you can pass on to others … it is just a matter of curiosity, as I am wondering whether other criteria affect the rank or whether this is just a forum bug.

Cheers,
O.

New to the Forex world and look forward to hearing all the great tips out there .

I just wanted to extend my greetings to those who follow this thread. I’m not interested in becoming a fx-men honorary member, but I can still help within the limits of my knowledge.
Bye guys :slight_smile:

Hehe, it’ll happen automatically, with your 1000th post on this forum.

Hey Bob,

I know its a bit late to ask this question- but were you ever able to get that broker?

Thanks,

AKS

AKS,
I think he decided to go with OandA, since that is what most people seem to be suggesting for beginners who want to start small. I have all but decided to do the same, but I keep reading some horrible reviews for them. I think it’s time to just ignore these ‘reviews’ and just see for myself.
PJ

Oanda is a broker you may want to check out they offer micro account.

But you need at least $250 to start, there will be no $100 accounts with them :slight_smile:

Thanks Pipjar. I have one account with them- somehow they don’t like stops though :slight_smile:

In my opinion for newbies it’s better to start their trading with mini accounts, starting from even 10$. Thus they minimize their risks and can practice on it.

just want to say hi to everyone

it says at the top of thread ’ become an honorary member of the fx men’
was wondering whats that about?

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

This thread seems like its dead.