Become An Honorary Member Of The FX-MEN

Hi all,

ok, so the ‘[I]60 times 10 points for especially valuable content[/I]’ has been discontinued and ranks are awarded based on the number of contributions now. This is the (automated) system used by most forums.
What confuses me is:

Member ‘[B]NinjaTrader[/B]’: 4 posts / Newbie ([B]ok[/B])
Member ‘[B]ForexTales[/B]’: 8 posts / no rank ([B]huh?[/B])
Member ‘[B]PipNRoll[/B]’: 16 posts / Newbie ([B]ok[/B])
Member ‘[B]LearninToPimpPips[/B]’: 99 posts / Newbie ([B]ok[/B])
This leads me to believe that from having posted once to having posted 99 times, your rank is ‘Newbie’.
Then I see:
Member ‘[B]a65[/B]’: 65 posts / Junior Member ([B]huh?[/B])

Next:
Member ‘[B]piptronics[/B]’: 105 posts / Junior Member ([B]ok[/B])
Member ‘[B]PIPhanger[/B]’: 242 posts / Junior Member ([B]ok[/B])
Member ‘[B]PerchTird[/B]’: 299 posts / Junior Member ([B]ok[/B])
This leads me to believe that from having posted 101 times to having posted 299 times, your rank is ‘Junior Member’.
Then I see:
Member ‘[B]MattJones[/B]’: 185 posts / Senior Member ([B]huh?[/B])

Above Senior Member, there appear to be the ranks ‘Master Contributor and Member’ (from 500+ posts?) and ‘Superior Master Contributor and Member’ (from 750+ posts?) and finally the ‘FX-Men Honorary Member’ status (1000+ posts).

While the last three ranks are clearly defined, I wonder what the criteria for ‘Newbie’, ‘Junior Member’ and ‘Senior Member’ are (and is there a plain ‘Member’, between junior and senior somewhere?); does content quality, judged by Admins/Mods, somehow play into it?

If the rank/status/whateveryouwannacallit is defined by the number of posts, how can somebody having 99 posts be a ‘Newbie’ and somebody else having 65 posts be a ‘Junior Member’?
Likewise, how can somebody having 299 posts be a ‘Junior Member’ and somebody else having 185 posts be a ‘Senior Member’?

Don’t get me wrong please: this is not meant to be a ‘complaint’ … rank is irrelevant anyway; the important thing is how much you can learn here or how much of your knowledge you can pass on to others … it is just a matter of curiosity, as I am wondering whether other criteria affect the rank or whether this is just a forum bug.

Cheers,
O.

New to the Forex world and look forward to hearing all the great tips out there .

I just wanted to extend my greetings to those who follow this thread. I’m not interested in becoming a fx-men honorary member, but I can still help within the limits of my knowledge.
Bye guys :slight_smile:

Hehe, it’ll happen automatically, with your 1000th post on this forum.

Hey Bob,

I know its a bit late to ask this question- but were you ever able to get that broker?

Thanks,

AKS

AKS,
I think he decided to go with OandA, since that is what most people seem to be suggesting for beginners who want to start small. I have all but decided to do the same, but I keep reading some horrible reviews for them. I think it’s time to just ignore these ‘reviews’ and just see for myself.
PJ

Oanda is a broker you may want to check out they offer micro account.

But you need at least $250 to start, there will be no $100 accounts with them :slight_smile:

Thanks Pipjar. I have one account with them- somehow they don’t like stops though :slight_smile:

In my opinion for newbies it’s better to start their trading with mini accounts, starting from even 10$. Thus they minimize their risks and can practice on it.

just want to say hi to everyone

it says at the top of thread ’ become an honorary member of the fx men’
was wondering whats that about?

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

This thread seems like its dead.

I simply wanted to say your website is one of the nicely laid out, most inspirational I have come across in quite a while.
–djkfmvf0608

hello…im new here…hope this will be a great journey…:smiley:

thnxs for such a lovely website…it provides all basic as well as advanced support…
rgds

Now I arrived to what im searching for past one year, yes im at home. thank you guys you are in deed helpers, no wasting time straight away to learning as newbie

Where we can check our points?

You get your status upgraded through posts, but does that part really matter anyway. I’m just happy I am on the path to self sufficiency through trading

wow, awesome! always encouraging to hear such words. :slight_smile: