New to this forum and a couple of questions

Hi,

I am new to this (forum and FX trading)

I have been practicing for about 6 months on IBFX (Meta trade platform)

but have been looking into doing a course a friend found. Im trying to find out if it’s real or not… As it is online as she live’s over in Switzerland and we are in Australia, the course isn’t cheap so want to try and find out if anyone has heard of her, going by a website she has spoken at the world money show but that is all i can find on her… nothing else…

Can i ask (not sure if im allowed to put a person’s name on here or not) if anyone has heard of her…

Also the broker she use’s is Dukascopy has anyone heard of them?

If I am allowed to put her name on the forum i will come back and edit it…

Cheers
ozziegirl

girl dont take the course it is a waste.

Dukascopy needs min capital of 50 k to stat with so …

There’s nothing wrong with paying for information that you have done due diligence on. With that said I would make it one of your final approaches to this journey if needed later. With all the free information on this site and other investment sites, possibly with the aid of a few 15 - 35 dollar books found at your bookstore or Amazon, you will have information overload. After gathering as much information as you can with some small ojt capital for trading, you may find that shelling out big bucks for a overated course is a waste of time and money. You may not and still will want to take the course. Just try to find out later in your journey and not at the beginning.

[B]Thanks One Texan[/B]… :)if we do this course we only need $10k (but i think thats us dollars though so about $15k au)
If you had that sort of money would you still use that broker?

[B]mytwopips:[/B] thank you… I will show my Hubby he is wanting me to do this course but im still hesitant… not sure whether to go with my gut or not… his gut say’s she’s ok…

I do appreciate all the info you guy’s send this way…

The course is $7500au and to start up a account is $10-$15k depending on the dollar, so alot of money…

I will go right through this site tomorrow when im on my own (had a child home today)…

Thanks again i really do appreciate it :slight_smile:

Hello [B]Ozziegirl[/B]

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I am an Auzzie too and I live in Perth. :slight_smile:
So far we have 12 Auzzie traders on this forum from Perth that I know of.

Both your previous posters are correct.

Learn by going to the Babypips school on this forum first.
This plus the books, [B]Mytwopips [/B]suggested is a very economical way to start.

I agree with [B]One Texan[/B] and [B]Mytwopips[/B] in saying that this prospective course is an expensive option that is best postphoned at this stage.

I think everything you will need to know for now is in the Babypips school.

it will simply be a waste of your money as you can learn everything for free on the internet. Nevertheless if you feel compelled to do a course you should do one of the more popular ones.

but as I said before its just a waste of money in my opnion you should save the money to fund your trading account.

Ozziegirl-

I am sorry not sure what your experience with Forex has been but if you are just starting out then 10 K could prove to be some risk.

You can take the course and still be limited by your own emotions while trading. IMHO, you should start with a small real account the one that offers micro lots. the premise behind this is that if you can succeed at a $300 account, you will definitely succeed at a 10 K account.

Id DS offres that micro then definitely go for them, I think they are decent brokers and have good liquidity. But for anyone who is yet to experience the volatility of a forex market, 10K is risking too much.

Good trading!

Tex