Average EUR/USD Weekend Gap

I was busy this friday and did not have time to close my trade before the weekend started. Now I’m stuck until sunday night. I know that a gap will happen but what is the average gap for this pair on a weekend. It seems the average daily movement is about 100 pips so I would guess for the weekend it would be maybe half that? (Good thing it was a demo acccount, not live)

From what I’ve seen, the gap is usually minimal (under ten pips), if anything at all. Also, if you’re trading in the direction that price is going during the last few hours of Friday afternoon, when Australia opens Sunday night, they’ll typically (and slowly) keep pushing it in your direction until the Tokyo open a few hours later.

nine of ten gaps are filled at some point later. The one out of ten might blow your account though. :eek:

Not a good habit to get into, (unless it is part of your system)
even if this week you do get away with it.

There will be one week when you do not.

May I ask if you were short or long?

The gaps will almost always be filled. It may be awhile before they do, but they do.

I was long. I don’t think it could gap so far that I would loose all my pips, just wish I had closed the trade before the weekend. Well, it will be a good learning experience for me no matter what.

You would be ok with the long-It is headed up from here. It is headed to 1.2940 at the least before it turns south.

Well as soon as I could I logged in, there was almost no gap, maybe 10 pips?, I closed the trade. whew