Tools to read the forum pages with ease

Here is my contribution.

If you are going through this forex forum and other sites, you would have noticed that you need to click on pages 1,2,3,…1000 if there are a lot of messages in a topic as shown

I would suggest that you download Firefox and add in two extensions to help in reading the post.

The first is repagination which is stopped at version 2.0 in 2006, but someone has been helpful to re-program it to work with up to Firefox 3. You need to download it at http://files.andreineculau.com/projects/firefox/repagination-2006.4.5.1-fx.xpi and then open the downloaded fire with firefox to install it.

With repagination, you can right-click on “2” in 1,2,3…88 and get firefox to load the next 5,10,20,25 or ALL the pages. Then all you need to do is to scroll down and read all the pages without clicking each page. HOWEVER, please note that if there are a lot of images (like charts) in the pages, you will need some time for a lot of pages to load.

Repagination as explained was stopped in 2006 and there is a new tool below, but it is in it’s infancy and has some limitation. Using BOTH as there is no conflict.

AutoPager 0.4.1.1 by Wind Li automatically loads the next page of a site inline when you reach the end of the current page for infinte scrolling of content. It works with a ton of sites but some forums (eg babypips.com) would fail. This can be solve using the 1st tool above or wait till someone �program� in the correct stuff or till the author improve it. It�s a new extension so wait for 0.4.1.2, but as of now, it is VERY useful for many sites.

Technical Jargon
I noticed that most sites using vbforum could not be load automatically by autopager as the moment, because each thread is reprogrammed into html, html-1, html-2 and so on and it is NOT XML based (which what autopager is based on). Other successful sites are arrange in page?1,2,3,…and so on which autopager can just increment one page at a time.

However, if you do a search for certain keywords (lets say in babypips), the search results would work with autopage because the search results returns ?php=1,2,3…and is XML based which autopager can quickly load.

Try autopager on google search and you would love it and see what I mean.

For those who are XML literate and good in programming, please take a look at how to add in the script to autopager so that we can look at babypips and other vbforum based messages easier?

Thank you:)