MT4 and spread betting

Are there any accounts that you can spread bet via Metatrader 4?

I have not found any, usually the platforms are very very basic
at spread betters I use my MT4 for analysis & place my
trades at the spread better.

But MT4 only has a 90 day trial.
?

Where? MT4 can be renewed at a number of brokers.

I use Alpari & FXPro & as long as you put a trade in the demo once
a month you will not need to renew it.

I have had my FXPro demo since before they were North Finance.

Also open a live account with Alpari, I didn’t put any money in mine
for 12 months & it didn’t run out.

Alpari and FXPro are spot forex not spread betting aren’t they?

Smart Live Markets is pleased to announce that as well as providing an FX/CFD service globally on Meta Trader 4 (MT4), it now offers a full Spread Betting service on MT4 for UK clients. We are fully FSA registered and offer Live and Demo accounts… see smartlivemarkets.com for details.

yeah, just spot forex.

I was pondering the same thought and was doing some searching - Found Smart Live Markets but wasn’t so keen when I seen this post - Smart Live Markets Spread Betting Broker Review - Page 12

It is about time some more MT4 brokers “woke up” though and started offering us UK customers Spread betting, more competition may also give Smart Live Markets reason to provide a better offering.

Hi fellows,

been searching for a UK MT4 spreadbetter myself and just found out that alpari uk do spreadbetting on MT4 from very recently, (to moderators: not advertising, just giving useful information), so tax free spread betting, please :slight_smile:

Honestly having used MT4 live, don’t bother - the latency in it is ridicolous for intraday trading. You can always trade using MT4 charts on demo and over a java ap. I think MT4 orders have to be ok’d by the MT4 server, the dealing desk, then the market, then back again, hence the 10-20 seconds lag on live.

I completely confirm this. It will cost you money, my latency with MT4 can be horrible. Costing me 7-10 pips at times, or giving me an off quotes error and then i am not even in the trade. Which may be a good thing since i have completely spooned up my entry. I don’t know why people like MT4 so much, but other than doing my analysis I will never trade with it again. It is so slow. I live in Seoul and use Oanda MT4 my trades can take over 1 min to process. even just changing the SL/TP as well.

I’m not sure about the 10-20 second delay, more like 1-2 seconds but I hear mt5 addresses this…

From what I’ve seen, spread betting platforms are far from being limited.
I’ve tried both GFT and FXCM spread bet platform, and I didn’t miss MT4 at all.

A part from EA, I didn’t see any feature you can’t do on spread betting that you can on “normal” FX trading with MT4.
I have all my indicators, I can set them up as I want, and I have to say, I find the MT4 limited compared to what GFT and FXCM propose.

Tried out Alpari’s new Spreadbet MT4 platform this week. My Grandpa could execute a football maneuver better than it can execute a trade. Tax free…but poor execution. Anyone else tried it?

I use GKFX (Smartlive) with MT4 spreadbetting for automated trading and some manual. I do not like MT4 for manual trading, however, GKFX offer now an execution interface called MyFx, you can use it free if you have a live account.

It improves no end but it is memory & CPU hungry so if you try it make sure you have a powerhouse PC. I use it occasionally if I trade manually.

I have recently contacted Alpari (as GKFX is a market maker, not ECN) which also offers spreadbetting on MT4 but the spread quoted on AUDNZD was 12pips ??!

just for your info, i looked at reveiws today on alpari uk spread betting mt4, and they were getting slated!! im still looking for a good spread betting broker in the uk who use mt4.

Podz

Just picking up on this thread late…

I’ve had good success generally with GKFX spreadbetting on MT4 using EAs, but am wondering if other providers may beat them now. Slippage and requites are my main concern. Does anyone use FXCM, Alpari or RPD?