What is price action?

Hi,

I have always read lot of traders whether in Babypips or other forum mention the important of understanding [B]price action[/B]

What is price action? how can i understand them?

Split the 2 words up & think about what they mean.
There’s no trick or secret code to it, it’s as simple as it sounds.

My colleague Tess posted this recently which opens the door to exploring your query a little further.

[I][B]Price action is simply the footprint of money.

If you observe technical chart references then the most common methods of tracking that footprint are candlesticks & ohlc bars.

If you possess even a basic understanding of the function & behavior of supply & demand, you can then begin to bolt on certain other elements of price action structure, such as peak-trough flowďż˝.basic trend recognition & common price bar/candle prints which quite often offer a clear representation to the current psychology of the market participants.

This simple, clear, unobtrusive framework is all that is required to begin formulating a foundation from which to assemble a workable trading plan in all market cycles[/B][/I]

1 Like

One easy way to understand: It is one of the most powerful, yet simplest way/method to trade the market with success. It is a form of technical analysis that uses candles on a chart which represents data.This data shows what the market has been doing for the specified time range. For example if it is a daily candle then it shows what the market did for that day. All economic data and global news that effect price in any way will be reflected on the price chart so it eliminates almost any use of following the news. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Type “price Action” in the search box

This! :slight_smile:

There are many current threads discussing “What is price action?”. Here’s one in which I posted the other day: [B]301 Moved Permanently

I think the Search function should be made compulsory as a condition before you could type in a question that had been covered before…

Well said, Eddie!

Thank you.

+1 on that!

Price action is the most
powerful, yet simplest way to trade the market
with success. It is a form of technical analysis
and it uses candles on a chart which represents
data.

Well, please excuse my mentioning it yet again, but there are actually many price action traders who don’t use candlesticks at all for our trading.

And [B][U]please stop[/U][/B] pasting in posts from other websites. The copyright belongs to this site, from which you pasted your post above: Forex Price Action Trading - An In-Depth Price Action Beginners Guide

Go Lexy!!

;))

Is price action covered in the school? I have done the lessons and quizzes up to Summer School and haven’t hit it yet…

I think we had all the definitions we need…here is another one, just in case…
Price Action Definition | Investopedia

Good old Investopedia… :slight_smile:

PipMeHappy: Awesome! Thanks!!