Looking for Good Demo Account

Hey guys, I’m looking for a Good Forex Demo Account. Since I’m not of “legal age” I need one that doesn’t require me applying and entering a social security number. I tried that with Forex.com trading platform after my demo expired and it wouldn’t allow me to continue my demo account with them. Any good suggestions? Also, looking for some advice on what type of demo account I should open up just for learning purposes.

Thanks,
Manny:)

Manny,

Try FXCM’s demo account. Start here: Free forex demo account | Forex practice account

Fill out the form. Here’s the info they ask for (this is a direct copy-and-paste):

Please provide the following information:

First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City:
State/Province:
Zip/Postal Code:
Email:
Phone:

(FXCM does not ask your age, or ask for your SS number.)

As soon as you fill in this info, and submit the form, you will get a confirmation of your request, your user i.d. number and password, instructions for downloading the trading platform, and a button you can click to launch a video tutorial about the platform. Just follow the prompts.

When your demo account expires (after one month), repeat these steps (except for the platform download).
You can do this over and over again.

Clint

You can also try ACM.
They ask your name, last name, email, country, area code, phone, the amount of the demo account, your user name and your mobile phone.
You can download it from their web site.
Regards!!!:):slight_smile:

I second the notion for the FXCM demo account. It’s limited time… they state 30 days but mine lasted about 6 weeks.

It’s very clean, simple, and does what you need. The most important part was the auto brackets it places when you enter a position…

You can also grab a TOS (Think or Swim) demo account… I’ve been using it for 7months… it’s mostly realtime. Level II and DOF is 20 min delayed, but the overall experience of the TOS is worth the over cluttered platform… you can bring up futures, indices, EFTs, FX all on the same screen, line them up, and compare how thier movements are simular or not.

I first traded forex with FXCM. After couple of months, I decided to find better brokers. Because FXCM has terrible execution, especially during news release. As big as FXCM is, its trading platform is so mediocre. I suggest newbies to forget about FXCM and go find a better broker.

SS # I think is only asked by US brokers, but I am sure if you ask your parents to open under their name it will be ok? ACM do not ask for SS# as they are Swiss, you can extend demo automatically from platform which ask you if you want to extend. It is good because here I was not push to open a real account, sure, they ask if I am ready but that is all. With the other demo I used next to ACM, they always send me mails and every call would always be asked if I wanted to at least fund my account, even if I was to not use it yet, all for the salesman commission I am sure. Another thing for your interest is that I know ACM is about to offer MT4 very soon, they say they are in final trial.

FXCM is good for learning…I wouldn’t give them real money,but I understood the basics from their simple platform…

I think that is all their platform is: too essential.
ACMs platforms have won several awards, so you know they are better.
As far as mt4 goes, I was also told they�ll had it by July, but still no signs of it, I think it wont come until September�

Try FX Solutions

Nice platform, great charting, free practise account for 30 days then it expires but you can keep re-creating them forever.

I actually moved to GFT UK after 5 months on FXSol because GFT has tighter spreads and more pairs, however their demo only lasts a month and can’t be extended unless you open a live account.

FX GFT seems a pretty good broker, the only thing I find a little odd is that I have been in forex for a long time and this is the first time I ever hear of them.
Yep I didn�t post that but ACMs demo also expires after a month, you can extend it but only for another month�

I’ll go with Clint and say try out FXCM, I use their MT4 demo for charting and I trade with them using their platform.

Use Gft give it a try you’re gonna love it.

As long as you are trying demos, you can tray them all!
That is what they are 4, u can see the way a broker works without risking your money. I would recommend you & all newbies to download as many de demos as you like since its free :slight_smile:

Hey …

I feel you should open a demo account which provides you a replica on real time basis, which allows you to practise and understand the FX trading before you go live.

I use wsd-fx platform, currently trading with them. So ya go ahead and learn more.

All the best

Aren�t all demos supposed to be the same as the live ones? If not what else are you gonna open diff ones with diff brokers??

Hi, Guys! Try Deltastock demo. The account is valid for 3 months. The platform is more complex and offers many functionalities. It’s different from MT4 and gives you also opportunity to try level2. they have demo game. I am trading with them for a couple of months already and I am happy with them

Aren�t all demos supposed to be the same as the live ones? If not what else are you gonna open diff ones with diff brokers??

Hey!!! But weren�t we talking about Forex??? Why are u suggesting a stock broker?

They’re supposed but they’re not. But you should addapt quiet fast to the live one. I mean I’ve seen differences like,

In demo accounts every tool in the chart software is available, while in live ones maybe you only will have access to few features.

Sometimes little details like buttons are a little bit different and you have to spot that so these little changes won’t be a cause of failure.

I am not quite sure if this question is for me and if it is not then sorry for my answer.
Deltastock is a forex and CFD broker. I am trading with them. It’s just the name stock - not quite sure where it comes from :slight_smile: